Reading University - Classics Watch

This discussion is closed.
massai
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Does anybody here know anything about the MA programs of Classics at Reading University. I'm applying for one called MA in the City of Rome.
When looking at the board, I don't see a lot of Reading students here.
Is it a small university?
How comes it is less known than other universities?
Any information on the Uni would be appreciated!!

b.t.w. I'm from Belgium, hoping to study in the UK next year
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by massai)
Does anybody here know anything about the MA programs of Classics at Reading University. I'm applying for one called MA in the City of Rome.
When looking at the board, I don't see a lot of Reading students here.
Is it a small university?
How comes it is less known than other universities?
Any information on the Uni would be appreciated!!

b.t.w. I'm from Belgium, hoping to study in the UK next year
I live in Reading (but am not a student at the university) and its not a big university, but its not small either. There isn't anyone on the board who is a student at Reading as far as I am aware, but thats probably only because there's only a small proportion of students on the board. Reading is a nice place to live, and the uni is quite spacious with lots of greenery and a big lake (thats on the Whiteknights campus, which is the main campus). Its a bit concrete-y but its all spread out across the campus which softens the effect. It has a good student union (last time i was there they were refurbishing some of it) and i think most of the halls have their own bar as well. I'm not sure about the actual subject areas, but i think the classics department is one of the better ones in the country.

Hope that helps - if you have any more questions i'll do my best to help!
Alexander04
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Reading is a brill uni, don't think i'll be going there even though i got an offer - ucl is miles better
ammalaw
Report 15 years ago
UCL sure isn't better then Reading for Law though- and its no way 'miles better' in any respect!
naelse
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ammalaw)
UCL sure isn't better then Reading for Law though- and its no way 'miles better' in any respect!
But this thread isn't about Law. It's about Classics. And UCL is definitely better for Classics.

I don't know anything about the MA at Reading, but I applied to Reading for the BA in Classics, and one of my friends is studying Ancient History there. It seems like a nice place. It was a bit too quiet for me, but I live in London, so everywhere else seems quiet too.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (154)
60.87%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.35%
No- I want it (71)
28.06%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.72%

Watched Threads