AS Physics Module Exam Jan 12th Watch

This discussion is closed.
Kirsten
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I am taking my first module for AS Physics on Monday and i'm finding revision really difficult for it as my class notes aren't very good. It's the OCR syllabus. Is anyone else taking this exam, what are you using for revision, is there any websites that you find useful.

Please Help
Kirsten
Feds
Report 16 years ago
I'm doing the same exam on monday 12th, it is quite difficult, i find the best way to revise all the modules is to go over past papers, available from your subject lecturer of from the AQA site, these are the best indication of the type of questions you'll be faced with. When you can confidently work your way through any past paper, you shouldf be nearly there.

One more piece of advice is this:

Try to understand it rather than learn it, if you know why something happens you can work through it a lot better than if you have a bundle of notes in your head beacuse notes won't always give you what your looking for!

Here's the link for a past paper

http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/gceasa/phyA_assess.html
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Feds)
I'm doing the same exam on monday 12th, it is quite difficult, i find the best way to revise all the modules is to go over past papers, available from your subject lecturer of from the AQA site, these are the best indication of the type of questions you'll be faced with. When you can confidently work your way through any past paper, you shouldf be nearly there.

One more piece of advice is this:

Try to understand it rather than learn it, if you know why something happens you can work through it a lot better than if you have a bundle of notes in your head beacuse notes won't always give you what your looking for!

Here's the link for a past paper

http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/gceasa/phyA_assess.html
Are you doing OCR or AQA borad?
Alexander04
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ppl who have the brain 4 pysics r genius's i do chemistry and biology and maths a level - they're bad enough but physics- that's worst then all three of 'em combined !
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alexander04)
ppl who have the brain 4 pysics r genius's i do chemistry and biology and maths a level - they're bad enough but physics- that's worst then all three of 'em combined !
not when its ocr B
Alexander04
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776 2)
not when its ocr B
wat they let u off easy?!
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alexander04)
wat they let u off easy?!
Its a doss board, its really teaches you like modern stuff, none of it actually real physics
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Maths is by far the hardest A level, Physics and chemistry are on the same footing difficulty wise
Emma Louise
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have found Chemistry was the hardest - maybe because I had a rubbish teacher. But EdExcel Physics is quite simple!
misty
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
heey, im retaking ocr waves on monday!
i havent got any class notes either but i go to the school library and they have lots of revision guides. print the syllabus from the net and with each point, look it up on the net if worse comes to the worst.
pal_sch
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
As my main 3 A levels are Maths, Chem and Phys, I can honestly say Physics has the worst Exams. However, If you know the formulas you can work out the rest. Your head may spin a bit on the harder ones but it is possible.

Good luck for Monday, I've got is as well. Monday morning exam. ****!
misty
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i do phys ocr, chem edexcel and bio aqa. For AS biology was the easiest, then phys then chem, physics not really being that hard at all. For A2, physics is the hardest for me. I don't do maths and didnt for AS so its getting to the stage where I'm a bit left behind with some of it. Chemistry is just 100% gay, SO much to learn its stupid!
Kirsten
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I didn't find the exam as hard as i expected. It was alright. I did find some stuff to revise from and that helped
thanx for your help every1.

How did every1 else find it, wot did you think was the worst bit.

Kirsten
Recusant
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I resat all 3 Physics modules this morning (should've revised properly last year) I reckon I might have an A in the bag this time around as opposed to the C last year.
What did everyone think about the stress vs. strain graphs quetsion in the forces and motion paper? I think I lost quite a few markes due to my badly worded answers.
Ramy Samy
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kirsten)
I am taking my first module for AS Physics on Monday and i'm finding revision really difficult for it as my class notes aren't very good. It's the OCR syllabus. Is anyone else taking this exam, what are you using for revision, is there any websites that you find useful.

Please Help
Kirsten
It is my first year also but i am taking A-Level Physics. I have perfect notes for u.I think u will be interested while u are studing
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (220)
68.11%
No (103)
31.89%

Watched Threads