Turn on thread page Beta

self harm. stupidity or a cry for help? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    so, that says that everybody who slef harms does it for attention?
    Well I, and I'm sure many other people would disagree with that. Very strongly
    No not everybody... but a fair few, i mean when talking about the psychology of urselves then is not going to be very often that all cases can be said to the same, lmost never.... so you can never say that 'everybody' feels in a certain way
    • Answer Heroes
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Answer Heroes
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Mr White)
    DSM-IV. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
    That thing should be restricted - there's nothing worse than a quick read through that to set off the hypochondria

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    You're not listening! When it comes to dealing with large groups of people, you have to generalise! I can't say that everyone with the same condition has it for the same reason, but I can't go into each individual case - you have to go by the majority.
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    That thing should be restricted - there's nothing worse than a quick read through that to set off the hypochondria
    It's my bible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    munchuasans byproxy, i knew some1 just like u, she made things up to get attention all i did was make her realise that she was lying after that she never did it to me anymore. obviously she didnt stop and she probably never will do, the first step is recognising ur problem and uve already proved u can do that. everybody likes abit of attention every now and again its when u start to make it ur life ambition that it becomes a problem, when did u realise there was something wrong?? also what do u mean by victims??
    I realised there was a problem,when I started lying, I mean, I knew I had a need for attention, but when I looked around, everyone seemed to be the same, at the same camp, one girl in my dorm accidentally tripped over our youth leader, and purposely made it a bigger deal than need be, I used to look down on people who do that, then it suddenly occured to me that I do that too! everything going on has to be a big deal, oh, and the 'victims' are the people I decide that I'd most like to receive the attention from, usually people who are likely to give out a lot of empathy, and like I said, between the age group, and they have to be prett, and already have an attachment to me. I'm still learning about why I think the things I think, and why I choose certain ways and victims. I'm beginning to think that one of the reason is because I don't have a big sister, and would really love to have one. But that's just a predictions. I thought Munchausans Byproxy too, when I saw it on Holby City yesterday, but the fact is, that the lasy with it, harmed other people to get her attention, I'm actually willing to go through extrutiating pain to get it, and the thought fo anyone else being harmed would completely destroy my chances of attention and empathy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spc_K)
    here:

70% believed to be doing it for attention
    10% believed to be faking it for attention
    20% believed the statistics they got about other afflictions and concluded they too should, statistically, be practising self harm
    did you know that 1 in 4 statistics is incorrect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel D)
    did you know that 1 in 4 statistics is incorrect
    Is that a fact or just another statistic?

ReputationRep:
    i never splash out attention on people who just 'do something' that anyone could do, whether accident or purpose. It comes from a deep hatred of popular culture. If everyone was like that then these people couldn't find anyone to give them attention and they'd:

a) stop seeking attention stupidly (i.e. cutting etc) and try to obtain it for valid reasons of worth
    b) die and sort the gene pool out a bit

either way, everyone being like me would be good... except for me.. i'd have to change.

p.s.

my sources say that 1/6 of the statistics deeming accuracy of statistics and non static.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spc_K)
    i never splash out attention on people who just 'do something' that anyone could do, whether accident or purpose. It comes from a deep hatred of popular culture. If everyone was like that then these people couldn't find anyone to give them attention and they'd:

a) stop seeking attention stupidly (i.e. cutting etc) and try to obtain it for valid reasons of worth
    b) die and sort the gene pool out a bit

either way, everyone being like me would be good... except for me.. i'd have to change.

p.s.

my sources say that 1/6 of the statistics deeming accuracy of statistics and non static.
    Its not just about attention seeking. People want to live and often dont even tell people about what they are doing. It helps people deal with emotions stress an traumer

ReputationRep:
    firstly, do u think that ur confused over ur sexuality?? its just all the women are very similar and u want them all to notice u or
    secondly, could it be the reaction of an event in ur childhood that wasnt very nice??? if so what do u think this could be??

ReputationRep:
    firstly, do u think that ur confused over ur sexuality?? its just all the women are very similar and u want them all to notice u or
    secondly, could it be the reaction of an event in ur childhood that wasnt very nice??? if so what do u think this could be??
    Is this directed at me? if so why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt the cat)
    Is this directed at me? if so why?
    no, if u read at the top it says to *babydoll* its just i had to send it like that cus my comps bein an arse

ReputationRep:
    no, if u read at the top it says to *babydoll* its just i had to send it like that cus my comps bein an arse
    I see, i never read them... maybe i should from now on, thank you

ReputationRep:
    I don't think i am, and in my childhood (I'm still a child though, 14) I wet through some tough times, but the thing that hurt the most was t hat nobody cared, I practically had to MAKE someone care that I was going through a tough time, and that happened 3 years after the event took place, I think my need is building, and I'm worried that unless I can completely get rid of it, I might go too far, i even decided that I want my death to be murder (once i'd lived a full life) so that people can care even after I'm dead, if this is a mental illness, which 1?

ReputationRep:
    BTW glitter, like your siggy, it's mi fave poem eva since the schitz hit CSI!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *babydoll*)
    I don't think i am, and in my childhood (I'm still a child though, 14) I wet through some tough times, but the thing that hurt the most was t hat nobody cared, I practically had to MAKE someone care that I was going through a tough time, and that happened 3 years after the event took place, I think my need is building, and I'm worried that unless I can completely get rid of it, I might go too far, i even decided that I want my death to be murder (once i'd lived a full life) so that people can care even after I'm dead, if this is a mental illness, which 1?
    i dont think u have a mental illness, i think ur fragile and all u want is some 1 to realise this, are ur parents physically affectious toward u??

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.