Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Some1 I know has a pool interview at Fitzwilliam college, but he wasn't sure what it's really like. He thinks it's a bit far away from the centre, and isn't sure if he'll like it there. I dont know Cam at all so I sed I'd post this for him so ne1 who's at Cam, could you post nething u know about this college+what it's like? Taa!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leanna1013)
    Some1 I know has a pool interview at Fitzwilliam college, but he wasn't sure what it's really like. He thinks it's a bit far away from the centre, and isn't sure if he'll like it there. I dont know Cam at all so I sed I'd post this for him so ne1 who's at Cam, could you post nething u know about this college+what it's like? Taa!
    I heard Fitzwilliam's supposed to be the 'working class' college or something. I don't know how true that is but I think it has a reputation for being very welcoming to state school students and those from poorer backgrounds.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what Fitz itself is like, but on the question of distance, I think it's next to New Hall, which is a 15 minute walk from town for my rather short legs, and would be an even quicker bike ride, so I don't reakon distance is a problem atall.

ReputationRep:
    Went there during a visit, it looks dead. It's all modern so you have grey concrete instead of the architecture that Cambridge colleges are known for. I didn't think too much of it.

ReputationRep:
    It's meant to be the "least Cambridge" of all the colleges. It's quite heavily state-school, and also qute male-dominated, but it's got a nice atmosphere once you get over the buildings. And the gardens are nice.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.