This discussion is closed.
Leanna1013
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Some1 I know has a pool interview at Fitzwilliam college, but he wasn't sure what it's really like. He thinks it's a bit far away from the centre, and isn't sure if he'll like it there. I dont know Cam at all so I sed I'd post this for him so ne1 who's at Cam, could you post nething u know about this college+what it's like? Taa!
hildabeast
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Leanna1013)
Some1 I know has a pool interview at Fitzwilliam college, but he wasn't sure what it's really like. He thinks it's a bit far away from the centre, and isn't sure if he'll like it there. I dont know Cam at all so I sed I'd post this for him so ne1 who's at Cam, could you post nething u know about this college+what it's like? Taa!
I heard Fitzwilliam's supposed to be the 'working class' college or something. I don't know how true that is but I think it has a reputation for being very welcoming to state school students and those from poorer backgrounds.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Minta
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't know what Fitz itself is like, but on the question of distance, I think it's next to New Hall, which is a 15 minute walk from town for my rather short legs, and would be an even quicker bike ride, so I don't reakon distance is a problem atall.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Went there during a visit, it looks dead. It's all modern so you have grey concrete instead of the architecture that Cambridge colleges are known for. I didn't think too much of it.
RxB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It's meant to be the "least Cambridge" of all the colleges. It's quite heavily state-school, and also qute male-dominated, but it's got a nice atmosphere once you get over the buildings. And the gardens are nice.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (70)
18.82%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.28%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
20.97%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (39)
10.48%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
11.02%

Watched Threads