Emmanuel or vet anybody? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Suzy_vet
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Ive just been offered a place at Emmanuel college, Cambridge to study Vet Med next year. Was wondering if anyone out there in forum land is going to study vet med at cambrdige or anything at all at Emmanuel!?
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Suzy_vet)
Ive just been offered a place at Emmanuel college, Cambridge to study Vet Med next year. Was wondering if anyone out there in forum land is going to study vet med at cambrdige or anything at all at Emmanuel!?

I might be studying natsci there.
Suzy_vet
do you not know yet, or have you got an offer and ur not sure youll take it?
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
do you not know yet, or have you got an offer and ur not sure youll take it?
He's got a conditonal offer.
Pollo Loco
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well done, I've got an offer for vet science at Girton. As a point of interest did you apply to Bristol. I did and got an interview and was unsuccessful.
Suzy_vet
Yes I did, I had an interview and i also didnt get a place. I dont think i really did very well in the interview i must say. seems a bit odd though doesnt it.
I think the vet schools share more info on whos been offered places than they let on, cause otherwise all the same people would get an offers from everywhere. Just been rejected my Edinburgh without even an interview! That makes me a little suspicious.
Ralfskini
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yes I did, I had an interview and i also didnt get a place. I dont think i really did very well in the interview i must say. seems a bit odd though doesnt it.
I think the vet schools share more info on whos been offered places than they let on, cause otherwise all the same people would get an offers from everywhere. Just been rejected my Edinburgh without even an interview! That makes me a little suspicious.

Who interviewed you at emma?
Suzy_vet
Penny Wotson and another clinical person, and Dr. Tolhurst and a student. why?
Pollo Loco
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Got to agree that the unis share info as my experience is identical to yours

Bristol - interview no offer
Cam - interview and offer
Edinburgh - no interview and no offer

I've an interview at RVC next week so it will be interesting to see what comes of that.
Pollo Loco
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Suzy are you going to the open day on the 5th Feb.

I liked Emma, I stayed there when I went to the uni open day.
Ralfskini
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pollo Loco)
Suzy are you going to the open day on the 5th Feb.

I liked Emma, I stayed there when I went to the uni open day.

Which college are you going to?
Pollo Loco
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ralfskini)
Which college are you going to?
Girton
Suzy_vet
Yes I am, should be interesting to see who i might be studying with! I was thinking of applying to girton, they take a good number of vets. I stayed at Emma too for the open days.

Are you going? How far away from Cam do you live?
Suzy_vet
Thats funny about your offers and stuff. I had an interview at RVC in November and got an offer, so thats my back up choice.

Also, weve applied to the same places, and because of the alphabetical order thing on the ucas form, i think edinburgh is the only one that can tell youve applied to cam. I am asuming they just blank out the other uni names when they send the form. This might be wrong.
Ralfskini
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Thats funny about your offers and stuff. I had an interview at RVC in November and got an offer, so thats my back up choice.

Also, weve applied to the same places, and because of the alphabetical order thing on the ucas form, i think edinburgh is the only one that can tell youve applied to cam. I am asuming they just blank out the other uni names when they send the form. This might be wrong.

Did you have to reply to your offer?
Suzy_vet
No, but i will have to soon cause ive got all my replies now.
Ralfskini
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No, but i will have to soon cause ive got all my replies now.

Where are you going to choose?
Pollo Loco
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yes I am, should be interesting to see who i might be studying with! I was thinking of applying to girton, they take a good number of vets. I stayed at Emma too for the open days.

Are you going? How far away from Cam do you live?

Yes I'm going and as I live in the North West (small village between Oldham and Huddersfield) I'm travelling down the previous day.

There were about 40 people for interview at Girton and 6 places as far as I'm aware.

Do you know number of places and interviewees for Emma?

Look out for Daniel Blake on the open day (thats me by the way).
Suzy_vet
Pollo Loco:
No I dont know how many applicants, although I'd like to know ( just so I can feel extra good about myself really!)

Im loking forwar to 5th Feb. Have you been to the vet school before?

What do you look like vaguely? To be honest i think there will be far more girls than guys, since that just seems to be how it is in vet med now. My name is Suzanne Robinson.
Suzy_vet
(Original post by Ralfskini)
Where are you going to choose?
I will accept Cambridge, and have RVC as my back up choice. you?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (903)
79.91%
Leave (227)
20.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed