on a scale of 1-10 how would u rate ur self-confidence? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I don't have friends because i can't be bothered to put on an act around them and they are only ever interested in things for themselves and always let me down. I didn't take offense to your previous question. All i'm saying is what is it about one person that can make them feel so confident about themselves?
i think its all about personal belief, if u believe in yourself then thats when you feel at your best, you can be anything you want 2be when you truely believe in yourself
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
probably somewhere between 2 and 4 most of the time

I can usually have quite high confidence in that I'm doing work correctly (well I know when I'm doing it wrong mainly), but in response to the original question - I do hate myself.

Have done for a long time, 'tis something you just get used to.

Alaric.
ShOcKzZ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
probably somewhere between 2 and 4 most of the time

I can usually have quite high confidence in that I'm doing work correctly (well I know when I'm doing it wrong mainly), but in response to the original question - I do hate myself.

Have done for a long time, 'tis something you just get used to.

Alaric.
Can i ask why u h8 urself? u seem kinda insecure.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
i think its all about personal belief, if u believe in yourself then thats when you feel at your best, you can be anything you want 2be when you truely believe in yourself
How can a person just believe in themself? They must have had some experience to have that belief. It can't be something you just decide on. It has to be built up surely.
ShOcKzZ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
How can a person just believe in themself? They must have had some experience to have that belief. It can't be something you just decide on. It has to be built up surely.
oh dear. Have u ever had a proper friend? seems like some friends have really pissed u off in the past
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by G4ry)
to feel loved and needed helps, family and REAL friends are the best confidence boost u could ever ask for
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ShOcKzZ)
oh dear. Have u ever had a proper friend? seems like some friends have really pissed u off in the past
I don't know, what's a "proper" friend? I had a good friend, but they went away and i became friendly with a different sort of people. It was complicated.
ShOcKzZ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I don't know, what's a "proper" friend? I had a good friend, but they went away and i became friendly with a different sort of people. It was complicated.
A proper friend...somebody you can talk to, have a laugh with, go out for a chill with, tell them anything, u can trust them and they can trust you.

You obviously haven't ever had a "proper" friend then.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A proper friend...somebody you can talk to, have a laugh with, go out for a chill with, tell them anything, u can trust them and they can trust you.

You obviously haven't ever had a "proper" friend then.
I think i did, but not any more. I had one in sixth form who i spoke to on MSN but never really met up with outside of school - so i guess it may not count as a "proper" friend.
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Can i ask why u h8 urself? u seem kinda insecure.
I am kinda insecure

Couple of years back I was clinically depressed, now I wouldn't call myself clinically depressed anymore because I'm no longer on medication but I'm certainly depressive sometimes still. Occasionally when it comes it's accompanied by a little paranoia, when it's usually that I just regard that nobody likes me and everyone is trying to avoid me. Whe I'm not feeling paranoid I recognise the fact that when I'm like that I'm also fairly reclusive so I don't go out and find people and have to be found myself.

I also find it very difficult to judge the difference between acquaintances and friends, maybe this is partly because I try not to rely on anyone else for things and I'm quite independent. I wouldn't regard myself as having a best friend for a few years now.
I mean I know most people in my year in my college by name and say hello in the street and stuff but I can't judge how many are actually being friendly and how many are just being pleasant if you know what I mean.

A lot of it stems from a dislike for myself, so I regard everyone else as having the same point of view such as the fact I'm a compsci, that I'm not attractive, I don't like the way I think, my weight, my inability to act, the fact I say the wrong things a lot of the time, the fact I don't know much about 'popular' culture, my voice etc etc. In fact I've always hated the fact I've got a high voice and I mumble and mis ennunciate, but I was listening to a recording of my voice the other day and it isn't actually high at all - the voice I have in my head when I talk is completely different to how it actually sounds.

So in general I don't like the way I act or look or think, which kind of leads to a certain amount of lack of self-confidence.

all in all I'm clearly a bit of a mal-adjusted freak

Alaric.
ShOcKzZ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I think i did, but not any more. I had one in sixth form who i spoke to on MSN but never really met up with outside of school - so i guess it may not count as a "proper" friend.
Well no, that wudn't count, i'm talking to you right now, but i'm not exactly your friend.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well no, that wudn't count, i'm talking to you right now, but i'm not exactly your friend.
I meant he was at my sixth form and i spoke to him during the day etc. When i got home i'd speak to him on MSN and we'd speak on the week-end on MSN but we hardly ever met up on a week-end (maybe once) Now he's at uni, i still speak to him on MSN.
Amy
Rep:
?
i think friends are the sort of people you feel comfortable with, someone who can make u smile when youre feeling down, someone you feel you could talk to and they would respect what ever u said just because thats your point of view, some1 u could trust
ShOcKzZ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i think friends are the sort of people you feel comfortable with, someone who can make u smile when youre feeling down, someone you feel you could talk to and they would respect what ever u said just because thats your point of view, some1 u could trust
exactly
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sounds to me more like an entertainer.
SirWhale
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
On a good day probably about 8-9 on a bad day probably around 6-7. I consider myself lucky that i have always got high confidence. My mum sometimes calls it arrogance though. i went through years 7,8,9,10,11 with my mum as my head of year so that put my confidence down abit, but since then im back to normal :cool:
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by G4ry)
Sounds to me more like an entertainer.
youve got to have more trust in the world around u, not every1 is exactly the same as ur one bad experience, its all about exploration, u need to go out and find the right people, they arnt just gonna *** to u
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ok i guess i have no friends. At least i don't have to be fake and they're such high maintenance and full of s**t. They're really not worth bothering with.
prince_capri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i would say 8 is fine.....but really depends on the kinda work i am doing and the situation i am in !!!
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
do u feel so low u hate urself or are u so high not even the clouds can touch u?
Well, sometimes both. It ranges from -50 (bad day), to about 8 (good day), with an average about -15/-20.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads