The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Spare room in our flat - how to find a flatmate?

Our flatmate has just found out she has to live at home next year as her family have been hit hard by the recession. We have a really lovely flat about three minutes from UCL which we would not want to give up, so need to find a flatmate. We never thought we would be in this situation so all our friends have already sorted out accommodation.

Any ideas on the best ways to find a flatmate? I guess we'll advertise on the Union forum, in the Accommodation Office and with posters around UCL, any other ideas? We would want a UCL student, and somebody nice obviously!
Reply 1
Lots of my friends for their 2nd year flats have made facebook groups advertising the space. I think that's how my brother found one of his as well!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Nikoletta
Lots of my friends for their 2nd year flats have made facebook groups advertising the space. I think that's how my brother found one of his as well!

Ah yes, good old Facebook :smile: Have already had several people interested which is great, fingers crossed it goes smoothly! If anyone has brought in a new flatmate and has any tips please share :biggrin:

Latest