i can't be bothered to do any exercise

Watch
Lamptastic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Which one of you *****es wants to dance?
If you get the reference I'll rep you..

Anyway, when I come home from work I don't want to be in a packed gym so I do a DVD or dance or even jog in the local woods. I love to hike but obviously can't do this very often. Mount Snowdon is easier than some of you think!!!!

Today I'm unwell so I'll be curling up with tea, a book and ice cream.
ChaoticMaster
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BabyGirl92)
Nor me
I want to but I just can't be bothered to go to the gym, kind of because I'm embarrassed about sweating and stuff in front of guys and them thinking I can't do it!
I'm embarrassed because I'm probably really unfit and would look like an idiot.
lol, this is one of the most amusing pieces of idiocy I have read in a while. Your in a gym, if your not sweating then your doing something wrong.
dime_piece
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by I<3LAMP)

Anyway, when I come home from work I don't want to be in a packed gym so I do a DVD or dance or even jog in the local woods. I love to hike but obviously can't do this very often. Mount Snowdon is easier than some of you think!!!!

I <3 dylan moran!
metallica nutter
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by I<3LAMP)

just had a look at your profile...really surprised you got rejected for medicine...any idea why this happened?
boromir9111
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bslforever)
Laziness?
This.
saab_101
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Find a fitness intense sport that you enjoy? I do martial arts, love it and it keeps me fit
CookieDoughLove
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BabyGirl92)
Nor me
I want to but I just can't be bothered to go to the gym, kind of because I'm embarrassed about sweating and stuff in front of guys and them thinking I can't do it!
I'm embarrassed because I'm probably really unfit and would look like an idiot.
Nobody watches you, you know. Everybody just gets on with their own thing. Most people are too sweaty and tired to even care about other people, what they look like or what they're doing. They don't care if you can run for 1 minute or 50 minute. They care about what they are doing.

Besides most people are quite friendly in gyms. I have people sometimes talk to me on the pay back to the changing room, "hey, good workout?" "You look shattered", etc. And alot of people smile at you :yep: Gyms are cool.
redsoulsister
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by metallica nutter)
what is the reason for my lack of motivation?
we have no idea what you are like, so how should we know? could be anything, illness, peer pressure, time, laziness etc etc.
Lamptastic
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by dime_piece)
I <3 dylan moran!
You win! Mmmmm Dylan Moran :sogood: Imagine him with his glass of red and a marlboro light...
Lamptastic
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
just had a look at your profile...really surprised you got rejected for medicine...any idea why this happened?
Because apparently some awesome people get left behind. :sad: Also they are clearly saving the best til last... :rolleyes:

I was told by Bristol that I was rejected because I was overly nervous and shy...and for Glasgow I was a stuttering mess of a human being. Shame as I know I'm good enough but caved in under pressure. I'm going to give it my best shot this year!

That's if I get the UKCAT up to a better standard....
joey!
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
dunno if im gonna join a gym...its a waste of money if you ask me...gonna start jogging/walking in local fields
well then good luck with your upper body
cherryy09
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Try listening to music or having the TV on as you work out. Start it out small, something you can do in your living room, and build it up as you want. Once you get the hang of it, you'll probably start to enjoy it and look forward to it.

The first day is always the hardest, so just push on through.
SomeStudent
Report 10 years ago
I can't be bothered with it either :p: I've stopped eating junk food instead and it seems to be working as I have lost bit of weight
Having said that, I know I can't avoid exercise forever : P
BabyGirl92
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ChaoticMaster)
lol, this is one of the most amusing pieces of idiocy I have read in a while. Your in a gym, if your not sweating then your doing something wrong.
I'm just self conscious, I suppose I'd get over it...
Goodkat
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I swear I hate cardio, but I still make myself do it (on occasion...:o:). I love weight lifting though, so happy days!
metallica nutter
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
i still cant be bothered to do exercise
RyanT
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't do exercise, do a hobby.

You will find all the fitness regulars who have been around for a long time do a hobby related to fitness - they don't have a "I'm doing exercise" mentality.
basketofsnakes
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
man up
keepoffthelawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Laziness. (did i really need to tell you that?)
ourlastmemory
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Because exercise is frigging effort. Everytime I go to the gym beforehand I'm just going "oh god why why why I can't be arsed this will be awful" etc etc etc but the feeling afterwards is just awesome. The sort of gentle achey jellied peaceful hungry feeling. Ach :ahee: it's so worth it.

You probably lack sufficient drive to make you want to exercise, like you haven't found a real reason to want to do it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (187)
5.02%
Uncertainty around my education (545)
14.62%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (417)
11.19%
Lack of purpose or motivation (513)
13.76%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (184)
4.94%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (222)
5.95%
Loneliness (313)
8.4%
Financial worries (138)
3.7%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.89%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.51%
Lack of real life entertainment (212)
5.69%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (333)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (351)
9.42%

Watched Threads