triplets at cam? Watch

This discussion is closed.
dreamer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Did anyone else see the front page of today's Times? Must be an amazing family!!
Bumblebee3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by dreamer)
Did anyone else see the front page of today's Times? Must be an amazing family!!
Bit of a waste of a front page though when you consider what's happening in the world at the moment. pity they wern't twins going to the same college - apparently some guy left a trust fund in his will for twins going to the same college in the same year. (This could well be an old dons' tale but who knows...)
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Don't know, but there are the O2 twins at Cambridge (not sure what college though), not to mention our anatomy demonstrator twins
theone
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah I know, quite incredible that they got 42 A*/A grades at GCSE between them!
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theone)
Yeah I know, quite incredible that they got 42 A*/A grades at GCSE between them!
14 gcse's at A*/A each? i think thats a bit of an exaggeration......
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Don't know, but there are the O2 twins at Cambridge (not sure what college though), not to mention our anatomy demonstrator twins
the o2 twins are here??

there's a guy in my year at the same college doing med (all his siblings (quite a few) are doing medicine) and he has an identical twin who was rejected from another college (which I won't mention). If he had been pooled our dos would have taken him right away (one older brother is already at Magdalene) but they wouldn't. Tis a shame, cos the twin we've got is probably the best in our year.
MadNatSci
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bono)
14 gcse's at A*/A each? i think thats a bit of an exaggeration......

Nope, I think he's right. Scary...
roxstar
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
Nope, I think he's right. Scary...

I am a triplet(2 girls and a boy) both me and my sister have been offered places at two different Cambridge colleges (myself to Homerton and my sister to Newham). However my brother was not interested in applying to Cambridge! N e way just thought that I would share that with you all.

Luv Rox xx
Jade
Report 15 years ago
I am the sister to Roxstar- Roxanne, and yes we are triplets, and yes we boith did get into Cambridge.. which I think shocked the school slightly..don't think they expected me to, after I was pooled, but ended up with an offer from Newhall, not Newnham..........
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Jade)
I am the sister to Roxstar- Roxanne, and yes we are triplets, and yes we boith did get into Cambridge.. which I think shocked the school slightly..don't think they expected me to, after I was pooled, but ended up with an offer from Newhall, not Newnham..........
One of the triplets has got offered a place for law at Corpus.
J
ot209
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
King's.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ot209)
King's.
what do people mean by 'the o2 twins'
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
what do people mean by 'the o2 twins'
I'm reading it as being the pretty annoying characters from O2 adverts?
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Haz)
Bit of a waste of a front page though when you consider what's happening in the world at the moment.
Yeah I thought that, the whole article seemed to be interested in how much they would pay under top up fees and how much they are going to pay...
...which seems like a piece of human centric journalism that you wouldn't really expect from a broadsheet.

I'm afraid to say I spent about 5 minutes trying to work out which was the most attractive, to no avail considering they're identical triplets and the photo shows so little. hmmm.

Alaric.
Squirrel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Not all that surprising - going to Cam does run in families.
starry
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Some families get all the luck.
Tek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Squirrel)
Not all that surprising - going to Cam does run in families.
Based on inherited intelligence or the "public school" mentality?
Bumblebee3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
I'm reading it as being the pretty annoying characters from O2 adverts?

Wow, I keep seeing them around and wondering where I've seen them before - now I know!
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
Yeah I thought that, the whole article seemed to be interested in how much they would pay under top up fees and how much they are going to pay...
...which seems like a piece of human centric journalism that you wouldn't really expect from a broadsheet.

I'm afraid to say I spent about 5 minutes trying to work out which was the most attractive, to no avail considering they're identical triplets and the photo shows so little. hmmm.

Alaric.
Ah! But they're not all identical triplets....the one studying law isn't identical....the other two are...

G
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
Ah! But they're not all identical triplets....the one studying law isn't identical....the other two are...

G
Can't have been thinking that much for that 5minutes then!

:rolleyes:

I was impressed that they've all gone for completely different types of subjects too.

Alaric.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1460)
79.56%
Leave (375)
20.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed