This discussion is closed.
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
Can't have been thinking that much for that 5minutes then!

:rolleyes:

I was impressed that they've all gone for completely different types of subjects too.

Alaric.
I know!! I figured they would all have applied for rather more similar courses....

i wonder if i'll meet them??

G
Atli
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Actually, although I was abroad, my school always puts us up for 14 GCSEs, and, although I had 1 B, a few of my friends had all As and A*s. All three just means rather clever kids, with a good background of encouragement. All getting in, for various subjects, is more a question of bloody brainy PLUS a nice pinch of luck — there always is in the Oxbridge system I think. In which view I am joined by at least two of my tutors...
theone
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Squirrel)
Not all that surprising - going to Cam does run in families.
I don't think this is particularly true - I am the first in my family and relations to go to Cam, and I imagine many others are the same.
androidkiller
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
From my experience going to Cambridge doesn't run in families - the person I know whose Dad went to cambridge was rejected and preferred manchester anyway but of the 3 who got offers I dn't think their families had a history of going to really good unis.

Funnily enough, the 3 from my school who got in (including me) are doing the smae subjects as the triplets. OK, so it's not that much of a coinicidence but it's funny!
Tek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by androidkiller)
From my experience going to Cambridge doesn't run in families - the person I know whose Dad went to cambridge was rejected and preferred manchester anyway but of the 3 who got offers I dn't think their families had a history of going to really good unis.
Oh dear. I'd be the eighth to go from my immediate family. Damn the fall of the public school mentality! (just joking).
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
who are the O2 twins? I think i've seen a couple of twins in those adverts.... does anyone have a picture or link i can see?
Squirrel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
Based on inherited intelligence or the "public school" mentality?
Both inherited intelligence and the fact that if you have experience of people in your family going there you will probably 1. actually believe you might have a chance (i.e. not underestimate your academic ability) and 2. not be put off by the stories of discrimination against whoever you happen to be.
musicbloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I am a twin and both me and my brother have been offered places in Cambridge next year - him for history at jesus (the ******* got an ABB offer ) and me for music a robinson. I can imagine why there is a bursary for twins getting into the same college. I'd hate to go to the same college as my brother (no offence to him or anything) because you would constantly get associated with each other. I know because I've been at school with him for 14 years. You would not be able to break free like you are supposed to at university.

Musicboy
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (7)
30.43%
No (14)
60.87%
Don't know (2)
8.7%

Watched Threads