WHEN is it usual for you to recieive your offers?? Watch

This discussion is closed.
jonnymcc2003
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi. I got my application form in in early October, but so far only two universities have responded, both making me offers.

The other 4 however, have neither offered me a place nor rejected me, so I was wondering whether anyone else is in a similar position, and whether this is good news or not!?

Cheers.
jonnymcc2003
Just to add that the 4 I am awaiting a response from are Sheffield, Birningham, Southampton and Swansea.

Has anyone else heard from these universities?

Cheers.
pinkegokane
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
mine went in around that time (more towards late oct actually). i've heard from 3 and haven't hear from the rest. one of the one's i'm waiting for is sheffield too, but my entry went in later cos i had to reapply there instead of leicester de montfort cos they'd cancelled my course at leicester. glad they did now, sheffield's way better!
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jonnymcc2003)
Hi. I got my application form in in early October, but so far only two universities have responded, both making me offers.

The other 4 however, have neither offered me a place nor rejected me, so I was wondering whether anyone else is in a similar position, and whether this is good news or not!?

Cheers.
Did you apply for a competitive course? If so, it may just take the unis quite a while to get through everyone's applications. Also I see your UCAS form was processed in early October - some unis take this as a sign that you have applied to oxbridge and wait until around mid-january to see if you withdraw your application or not (in the case that you earn a place). I would think of it as 'no new is good news' - I know quite a few students who submitted their forms around the same time but have only heard from one or two universities - the teachers say not to worry about it though, you'll hear soon enough Good luck with the rest of your application !
jonnymcc2003
Do you know whether they reply immediately after they have made the decision?

i.e - I haven't been replied to because they haven't got to mine yet, or because they are waiting till the final deadline to tell everyone their decision?
HasanB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i sent mine in early october too, ive got 4 replies, and i got them all in the same week (in early december) Ive been waiting for lse and warwick since then and altho ive been told that both unis usually make offers quite late, there are ppl who have got offers from warwick! havent heard of n e from lse altho i do know of one rejection ...
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Do you know whether they reply immediately after they have made the decision?

i.e - I haven't been replied to because they haven't got to mine yet, or beacasue they are waiting till the final deadline to tell everyone their decision?
It really depends on the uni - some will tell you almost straight after they've read your application/interviewed you but sometimes (normally for the more competitive courses) unis will wait until they've seen everyone's application/interviewed everyone before they make the final decisions (in order to make it as fair as possible).
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by HasanB)
i sent mine in early october too, ive got 4 replies, and i got them all in the same week (in early december) Ive been waiting for lse and warwick since then and altho ive been told that both unis usually make offers quite late, there are ppl who have got offers from warwick! havent heard of n e from lse altho i do know of one rejection ...
LSE take absolute yonks! So I definitely wouldn't worry about not hearing from them around now - you've probably still got a while to hear back from them
jonnymcc2003
I've applied for His/Pol, so it should be a farily competitively run thing. Hopefully I'll get the replies soon.

The waiting is nerve-wracking!
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've applied for His/Pol, so it should be a farily competitively run thing. Hopefully I'll get the replies soon.

The waiting is nerve-wracking!
Ah that makes a lot of sense - quite a few of the students I know which haven't heard from quite a few unis are historians So don't worry, everyone is in the same boat - Best of luck anyway (hope there isn't too much waiting to go )!
HasanB
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lucy)
LSE take absolute yonks! So I definitely wouldn't worry about not hearing from them around now - you've probably still got a while to hear back from them

i would go for either lse or warwick as my top choice, although id go to lse if i get an offer purely cos of the reputation, but im not that worried abt lse cos i know they take ages and im not hugely expecting to get in, im more worried abt warwick, in fact i read in an other thread that some1 had got an offer for my course from warwick the other day ... i still havent heard, does this mean its now unlikely ill get in ?
jonnymcc2003
Do you know when the absolute final date for universities to reply to you is?
HasanB
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i dont think there is one ... i dunno maybe im wrong but usually early april or something like that is when the really late offers come in ..
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by HasanB)
i still havent heard, does this mean its now unlikely ill get in ?
Not at all! It just depends on when they read your application I still haven't heard from two unis (UCL and Imperial) and I know plenty of people who have received offers for my course at those unis but I'm not in the slightest bit worried because I know they offer all the way up to March. Same could apply for Warwick so don't worry
pinkegokane
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i've applied for spanish and politics at sheffield.
jonnymcc2003
(Original post by pinkegokane)
i've applied for spanish and politics at sheffield.
Yeah? You had a reply?
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hey well my application was processed on 13th october and i only have two offers....waiting to hear cambridge result. havent heard from 2 others and been given interview at one
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
just realised the last post is confusing so to clarify:

cambridge - in pool
nottingham - offer
lse - not heard
warwick - not heard
essex - interview
bham - offer
mjf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You will probably find that after jan 15th when UCAS stop sending applications to the universities that most of the offers left to come will do so. This is a reason I have been told. A lot of departments are bound by the rule that they have to give all applications equal consideration up to this date and so in most cases only make a few if any offers.
nicky*
Report 16 years ago
Has anybody had an offer or rejection or know anybody who has had an offer or anything off liverpool uni for business studies? Coz im getting quite worried now. (i know this sounds a bit crap compared to evrybody elses Cambridge and Oxford. Any reply would be fab .......
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (7)
30.43%
No (14)
60.87%
Don't know (2)
8.7%

Watched Threads