List of places that employ 15 year olds? Watch

This discussion is closed.
malibu_xo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'm looking for a job, but I'm only 15. Could anybody recommend places that would employ 15 year olds? I know that many smaller businesses do, but I was wondering about bigger shops/cafes such as Costa/New Look/Zara etc.
Thanks
TheOneCurlyFry
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Tbh you're gonna struggle to find a summer job at 15 in retail places. My brother got a job in a restaurant washing pots when he was 15, or maybe you could get a paper round?

Neither are particularly attractive but most retail places require you to be of school leaving age to even be considered.

You COULD try volunteering a couple of days a week in a charity shop, which would be VERY beneficial when you became 16, because the retail places always ask for retail experience, so by getting that you'd be more likely to get a decent retail job next year.

Obviously that doesnt help with your desire to get a job NOW, but it will be worthwhile and you'll be glad you did it next year when you have retail experience on your CV instead of 'pot washing' experience.
BandManDan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Nayberay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Majority of businesses..take on the age of 16 as a minimum. Do you have an NI Number yet?

Locally theres more flexibility I'd say, but to be completely honest, its hard enough for me as an 18 year old to find another job at the moment to replace my current job lol, and I have experience and qualifications.

Just throwing that out there.

But best of luck on the job hunt.
darigan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by malibu_xo)
I'm looking for a job, but I'm only 15. Could anybody recommend places that would employ 15 year olds? I know that many smaller businesses do, but I was wondering about bigger shops/cafes such as Costa/New Look/Zara etc.
Thanks
Do you live urban or rural?

Fruit picking might be an option...?
clair1987
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I doubt many places will employ a 15 year old as they need a special permit from the council. You aren't entitled to the national minimum wage either.
malibu_xo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I live in a city, so fruit picking isn't really an option; And I haven't got my NI card yet, I think I should be getting it in a few months though. It looks like I'll have to put the job thing off untill next summer, when I'll be 16.

There are a few charity shops near me, I'll pop in and ask them if I could do a bit of volunteering one of two days after school.

Thanks !
Left Hand Drive
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
paper shops
SuperSam_Fantastiche
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you have friends in certain companies they might be able to help you out.

My mate got a saturday job in Specsavers when she was 15 but it was all quite sssssssssshhhhh
RAPSTER
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Try writing a CV and just sending it out to all small shops etc if they know you are intrested they may keep you in mind for the future if they can't help you at the moment.

I got a job when i was 15 but to be fair it was only every other saturday and i knew them which probably helped

Many people have suggested that you do a paper round which i would also recommend.
xnatalie01x
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sorry to resurrect this thread, I got a job at 15 at WHSmith, soul destroying place but not many other places hire under 16's.
I think Boots may but apart from that not sure what else.
Rugile8585
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How do you apply and do you get paid any amount??
Jade-Devey
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Whsmith in Swindon town centre will hire 15 year olds x
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheOneCurlyFry)
Tbh you're gonna struggle to find a summer job at 15 in retail places. My brother got a job in a restaurant washing pots when he was 15, or maybe you could get a paper round?

Neither are particularly attractive but most retail places require you to be of school leaving age to even be considered.

You COULD try volunteering a couple of days a week in a charity shop, which would be VERY beneficial when you became 16, because the retail places always ask for retail experience, so by getting that you'd be more likely to get a decent retail job next year.

Obviously that doesnt help with your desire to get a job NOW, but it will be worthwhile and you'll be glad you did it next year when you have retail experience on your CV instead of 'pot washing' experience.
I agree
Chlofost
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How do I apply&ado they pay?
Pectorac
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You do not have a national insurance number, so it is illegal for a company to hire you that would pay into your bank account. Your wages cannot actually be processed without a national insurance number either, so there would be not point of working even if they'd let you.
Zeroic
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Got a job now this summer and by the end of this week ive should have earned about £700, i get 2£ an hour for 10 hour work.
disneyy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi am looking for a part time summer job as am 16 please could you get back to me asap thank you
AdviceForMe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you have work experience? If you do, I'll recommend just waiting till you're 16 to get a job. If not, getting a job now would look really good on your CV when your older and want to switch to a better paying job.

First of all, hardly any places employ 16's (Even places recruiting under 18 year olds are quite limited) The hours would be very few and the pay will be extremely bad and not worth the time in my opinion. (It's around £2 an hour, I think?)

I'm not sure of many places recruiting under 16's but you could try places that need dish washers like restraunts or something I would assume. You could maybe even get let off with being an unexperienced Nursery Worker (Just a presumption)

You may need a national insurance number though, for offical companies who want to apploy you, which you have to be 16 to get. But if you have like a friend of your dad's you could work for in a ahop or something, that'll work just fine! Small unoffical buisnesses and corner shops usually don't care about that thing, they just want people that can work hours.
TheOrder1886
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by disneyy)
Hi am looking for a part time summer job as am 16 please could you get back to me asap thank you

How about you find one yourself. No-one aint gonna hand it to you on a plate. Also it's 'I'm' not 'am'. Using the right grammar and spelling will increase the chances of gaining employment.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
18.08%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
27.03%
Not great so far... (214)
35.49%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed