vutterman
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
hi guys,

I am starting medicine this october at Imperial.

Being older than most of the other students, i feel that i should always try to read ahead and be in a leading position when it comes to studies.

I hope you lot could understand what i mean. I feel like an idiot asking someone who's a lot younger than me for some help.

So I was wondering if anyone could send me learning specifications for 1st year medicine at imperial to my email

so thins like what we learn, when we learn and how much we learn. I'm sure there are list of sub title of human anatomy (for ex) that you were given at the start of your course.

If ossible, I am also willing to borrow some of your notes so that i can start reading ahead. I live in london so it should be easy for me to get there.

Also I would really appreciate it if you guys could recommend me some text books that impy medics should have for 1st year.

cheerio!

btw I will send you my email through private message when you reply on this thread
Dr. Hannibal Lecter
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

(pic relevant to thread)
Medicine Man
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Assuming this isn't trolling, noone basis their expectations of you as a med student on age alone! You shouldn't feel you should want to go ahead of your class just because you will be older than some of them. Lighten up, med school isn't about wanting to be the top at everything! Chill. Be humble. Wait for your course to actullay start before you start stressing yourself out.
Oasis Jnr
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
just because your older than most people, don't feel as if you need to play catch-up... plus since your older, you may even have the upper hand in terms of handling stress?
Toiletpaper8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Obvious troll. GTFO.

If OP is not troll - read Gray's Anatomy (Thorax, Ab, Pelvis)
digitalis
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
LOL at the thread being TURFed out of current medical students
Toiletpaper8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Imperial does have it's selection of keenbeans though... so OP may be legit, but just extremely sad.
crazylemon
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Toiletpaper8)
Imperial does have it's selection of keenbeans though... so OP may be legit, but just extremely sad.
Your telling me :afraid:

I may add to Your advice. Go and read essential cell biology. The department raves about it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (68)
17.94%
No one else does (120)
31.66%
I'm embarrassed about my background (41)
10.82%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (128)
33.77%
We don't use a video platform (6)
1.58%
I don't have a camera (9)
2.37%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
1.85%

Watched Threads