How do I persuade my parents to book a holiday?!

Watch
emilybabiee
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
So for some reason my parents are being reluctant to book a holiday over the summer they have the money though, and they keep saying how they want to go to America or something but they won't book anything. Everyone else is going away this summer as it's the end of A-Levels, and I'm getting depressed at the thought of staying behind in rainy England.

So I found this deal that's reeally good and great value and I'm not sure how to convince them to book something.

Anyone got any ideas? My parents are pretty weird and reluctant to do what a child says (even though I'm 18 haha)
:o: :p: Thanks people!
dangermouse00
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by emilybabiee)
So for some reason my parents are being reluctant to book a holiday over the summer they have the money though, and they keep saying how they want to go to America or something but they won't book anything. Everyone else is going away this summer as it's the end of A-Levels, and I'm getting depressed at the thought of staying behind in rainy England.

So I found this deal that's reeally good and great value and I'm not sure how to convince them to book something.

Anyone got any ideas? My parents are pretty weird and reluctant to do what a child says (even though I'm 18 haha)
:o: :p: Thanks people!
Maybe they have something planned in the summer that they don't want to tell you about because it would ruin the surprise?????

Don't force or guilt or convince them to book anything, it might be what you want and where you want to go, but it might not necessarily be where they want to go; their idea of a holiday might be completely different to yours.

You say they have the money to go, but how do you know this, if they've told you this they might just be trying to protect you from any money worries they may actually have.

Can't you find a friend to go away with if everyone's going away? Your parents might even give you some money for it (even though you're 18 and should probably be paying the bulk of it yourself) and they can go off on holiday on their own when they are ready.
Lozza_00
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
tell them about the deal you found and dont shut up about it
FranticMind
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Thats quite selfish? Ever thought that maybe they don't want to waste money on an unwanted holiday and evidentally spoilt daughter?

Surely you should grow up. If you want a holiday buy your own, don't EXPECT you parents to pay for everything for you.
sarahbazza
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I had this problem last summer!!
Came up with a GENIUS solution that worked a charm!
A friend told me about these courses you can do on holiday, like cookery classes, painting, surfing, photography, LOADS, even yoga! Anyways, i saw a cookery & wine tasting course in the south of France that I knew my mum would loveee (and dad for the wine!). I 'casually' showed her the website and all the info about the course and she announced our spontaneous family holiday a few days later! So mum and dad went and did their course each day, leaving me and my sister to hang by the pool!! AMAZING!

I definately think its worth a try. The company did courses all over the world as well. Let me know if your interested and I'll send you a link to the website.

Sarah
emilybabiee
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by sarahbazza)
I had this problem last summer!!
Came up with a GENIUS solution that worked a charm!
A friend told me about these courses you can do on holiday, like cookery classes, painting, surfing, photography, LOADS, even yoga! Anyways, i saw a cookery & wine tasting course in the south of France that I knew my mum would loveee (and dad for the wine!). I 'casually' showed her the website and all the info about the course and she announced our spontaneous family holiday a few days later! So mum and dad went and did their course each day, leaving me and my sister to hang by the pool!! AMAZING!

I definitely think its worth a try. The company did courses all over the world as well. Let me know if your interested and I'll send you a link to the website.

Sarah

Ahh thankyouu!! I never thought about that!
I'll definitely try that
Could you send me the site? Such a good idea!
Districts
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This is my story on how we're GOING on holiday my mum and dad use my I pad to do banking and mot etc so when I came back onto my iPad and clicked on safari my mum or dad had been looking at centre parks but for 6 ! !!!

Before all of this I asked my mum and dad if we could go on holiday and I behaved after that soooooo I guess just ask and do what your told to do ?!?😂 😋 hope this helped !😛
standreams
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Why not organise your own holiday, whether by yourself or with friends?
peasantshamer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Districts)
This is my story on how we're GOING on holiday my mum and dad use my I pad to do banking and mot etc so when I came back onto my iPad and clicked on safari my mum or dad had been looking at centre parks but for 6 ! !!!

Before all of this I asked my mum and dad if we could go on holiday and I behaved after that soooooo I guess just ask and do what your told to do ?!?😂 😋 hope this helped !😛
centre parks lol
maiceynavarro
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
omg can u send me that link plz xx
Yepmyname
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think you're quite rude you know. You don't know what she is going through , she's not selfish maybe she wants to go on a vacation with her family and spend time with them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (300)
84.27%
No (56)
15.73%

Watched Threads