This discussion is closed.
everyguysdream
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I got an invite to go to an Oxbridge meeting at our college and i was jus wondering if there actually worth going to or are they pointless? and if ne1 cud provide ne info on what goes on at one it'd help.
thnx jess
xxx
Sazzle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Are you having an Oxbridge tutor/student come to talk to you? If so that would be very helpful - it can hardly do any harm no matter what is goingto happen.
everyguysdream
(Original post by Sazzle)
Are you having an Oxbridge tutor/student come to talk to you? If so that would be very helpful - it can hardly do any harm no matter what is goingto happen.
I have no idea what is happening i was wondering if sum1 had been to anything similar and wud mind tellin me a little bout it.
covered farm wagon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
we had oxbridge meetings at my college. it depends how much research you've done as to how useful it is. i was aware of most things we were told beforehand (i had to explain what the winter pool is to our oxbridge tutor...) but what i did find really useful was getting to know the tutor, cos she was really nice and supportive through the whole thing.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They're good for checking out the competition, that is if you goto an average kinda school. Just go.
everyguysdream
(Original post by fishpaste)
They're good for checking out the competition, that is if you goto an average kinda school. Just go.
lol I dont go to an anverage kinda school everybody else has like 10 A*s the only reason i got invited is because I'm interested in Classicsor languages which, apparently, are unpopular. Nice to know they think I have potential.............
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.71%
No (264)
33.29%

Watched Threads