HOW do people actually get caught stealing form Primark? Watch

Big_Joe_1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I don't do it BTW. Just something i was wonderiing. But I mean the clothes only have paper tags on them and there are no alarms in the store. How do people actually get caught? lol
fredo22
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Their behaviour normally gives it away, they look to their CCTV for proof and once they find it, BINGO!

Primark normally have 4-5 members on security over their floors at any one time.
Foulish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well in Sainsbury's I can tell if someone is trying to steal something just by the look of them. People can look like thieves!

There is an "aurora" that they give off which is clearly detectable.

Suspicious behaviour too, like holding mens clothes in the women clothes area, walking around without a basket also arouses suspicions in Sainsbury's - particularly larger ones. All the little signs.
ChelseyElla
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That's why the shop is always monitored on screen by those big guys at the doors. Wouldn't want to mess with them!
Skaiyote
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Cameras. Undercover security guards.
edd360
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I get the feeling that people always think I'm stealing. I can't walk in or out of a shop without thinking that the security think I'm a shoplifter. I don't care, coz I know I'm not, just something I'm pointing out. I think the fact I think this may cause me to appear so. There's this Tesco which has like a big ass bouncer and he always asks to see my receipt for things when I walk out of the shop, not cool.
Big_Joe_1234
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by edd360)
I get the feeling that people always think I'm stealing. I can't walk in or out of a shop without thinking that the security think I'm a shoplifter. I don't care, coz I know I'm not, just something I'm pointing out. I think the fact I think this may cause me to appear so. There's this Tesco which has like a big ass bouncer and he always asks to see my receipt for things when I walk out of the shop, not cool.
I'd hate that!
edd360
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Big_Joe_1234)
I'd hate that!
This one time I bought a can of coke from the self service machine, so naturally ignored the receipt. He asked to see it so I had to go back and rifle through dozens of receipts which had accumulated to find mine -.-
shooting.star
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Umm, it seems everyone has overlooked this fact, but surely the real question is, why do people steal from primark?! they are practically giving it away!
arlstar
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by edd360)
Agh I'm exactly the same! Even with the Tesco security guard bit.
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Foulish)
Well in Sainsbury's I can tell if someone is trying to steal something just by the look of them. People can look like thieves!

Suspicious behaviour too, like holding mens clothes in the women clothes area, walking around without a basket also arouses suspicions in Sainsbury's - particularly larger ones. All the little signs.

* aura
reems23
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Foulish)

Thanks for the tips.
THRASHx
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I walked into Primark one time with a coffee from Starbucks, I was immediately pounced on by the security guards and thrown out of the store.
No one has ever passed a comment on me drinking in a shop before, they always have the signs saying no eating or drinking but no ones ever approached me and asked me to leave.

Not really related but still, at least they have the balls to tackle people :p:
arlstar
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
oh and my friend's banned from primark for stealing. A member of staff saw her taking sommet of it's packaging and putting it in her bag. The thing that gets me most (even more than the fact that she was stealing) is that what she stole was worth about £2, so what shooting star said.
They took her downstairs and took her photo and she can never go back.
Skaiyote
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by shooting.star)
Umm, it seems everyone has overlooked this fact, but surely the real question is, why do people steal from primark?! they are practically giving it away!
A girl i know says she shoplifts from primark because the queues are too long. This girl has a job!

I used to work in primark & it was always chavs who got caught stealing.
shooting.star
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by skyhigh!)
A girl i know says she shoplifts from primark because the queues are too long. This girl has a job!

I used to work in primark & it was always chavs who got caught stealing.
haha! that's is brilliant! tbf, the queues in primark are pretty long! :p: I have to say it never crossed my mind to just walk out with whatever though.
Vybz Kartel
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
why would you steal when its so cheap anyway?
Shadowman786
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by shooting.star)
Nope, I had exactly the same thought!
Ludwig Wittgenstein
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you were going to steal, why steal from Primark? Stupid plebs.
Liquidus Zeromus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Tiny little cameras that people wouldn't notice, least of all the average shoplifter. Also, chav clothing and dodgy behaviour are obviously going to be spotted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (33)
13.87%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.82%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
21.01%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (34)
14.29%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (29)
12.18%
How can I be the best version of myself? (71)
29.83%

Watched Threads