The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 1
They are making you retake the year? Or resit in September?
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hello everyone, I was doing some research on finance for students that have failed modules and I came across this forum.

In my case I am a 2nd year student that failed 2 modules [more than 30 credits] wich means that I will be received a letter informing me that I won´t be able to progress to third year.
Does anyone know if the fees that I wil have to pay wil be proportional to the modules that I wil have to resit [with attendance] or will I have to pay the full tuition fees? I am assuming I won´t have to repeat the already passed modules.
What about the maintenance grant? Although I´m not expecting to receive it for this failed year, does anyone knows if it will be possible to get it once I star my course third year?

Thanks for any replies
Im
Reply 3
I don't know the answer but have you tried contacting your School of study and/or the advice and representation centre in the Guild? They are very helpful.
Reply 4
gillipies
I don't know the answer but have you tried contacting your School of study and/or the advice and representation centre in the Guild? They are very helpful.

I´m going to do that, but because I have not received any oficial confirmation letter, I was looking for opinions/views from people that are or know anyone in a similar situation.
Reply 5
Smtn
They are making you retake the year? Or resit in September?

They are making repeat the year. I failed 50 credits worth :frown:
Reply 6
Imahaen
Hello everyone, I was doing some research on finance for students that have failed modules and I came across this forum.

In my case I am a 2nd year student that failed 2 modules [more than 30 credits] wich means that I will be received a letter informing me that I won´t be able to progress to third year.
Does anyone know if the fees that I wil have to pay wil be proportional to the modules that I wil have to resit [with attendance] or will I have to pay the full tuition fees? I am assuming I won´t have to repeat the already passed modules.
What about the maintenance grant? Although I´m not expecting to receive it for this failed year, does anyone knows if it will be possible to get it once I star my course third year?

Thanks for any replies
Im

You pay for failed modules only ( I think its around £230 per module). Youre maintanance grant will be lower then a full time person since your going to be part time too.

Latest