side
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Iv got to repeat 4 modules next year. Does this mean Im a part time student now because I only have 2 modules per semester? I dont know what to do now about my student finance and all. Also, will I still be capped to 40%?

Thanks
Smtn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They are making you retake the year? Or resit in September?
Imahaen
Report 9 years ago
Hello everyone, I was doing some research on finance for students that have failed modules and I came across this forum.

In my case I am a 2nd year student that failed 2 modules [more than 30 credits] wich means that I will be received a letter informing me that I won´t be able to progress to third year.
Does anyone know if the fees that I wil have to pay wil be proportional to the modules that I wil have to resit [with attendance] or will I have to pay the full tuition fees? I am assuming I won´t have to repeat the already passed modules.
What about the maintenance grant? Although I´m not expecting to receive it for this failed year, does anyone knows if it will be possible to get it once I star my course third year?

Thanks for any replies
Im
gillipies
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't know the answer but have you tried contacting your School of study and/or the advice and representation centre in the Guild? They are very helpful.
Imahaen
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by gillipies)
I don't know the answer but have you tried contacting your School of study and/or the advice and representation centre in the Guild? They are very helpful.
I´m going to do that, but because I have not received any oficial confirmation letter, I was looking for opinions/views from people that are or know anyone in a similar situation.
side
(Original post by Smtn)
They are making you retake the year? Or resit in September?
They are making repeat the year. I failed 50 credits worth
side
(Original post by Imahaen)
Hello everyone, I was doing some research on finance for students that have failed modules and I came across this forum.

In my case I am a 2nd year student that failed 2 modules [more than 30 credits] wich means that I will be received a letter informing me that I won´t be able to progress to third year.
Does anyone know if the fees that I wil have to pay wil be proportional to the modules that I wil have to resit [with attendance] or will I have to pay the full tuition fees? I am assuming I won´t have to repeat the already passed modules.
What about the maintenance grant? Although I´m not expecting to receive it for this failed year, does anyone knows if it will be possible to get it once I star my course third year?

Thanks for any replies
Im

You pay for failed modules only ( I think its around £230 per module). Youre maintanance grant will be lower then a full time person since your going to be part time too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (13)
6.67%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (107)
54.87%
No (75)
38.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed