Turn on thread page Beta

A2 Law 4 (AQA) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Could someone please help me out...I need a hand with a part c) essay-style answer for 'how satisfactory the law on non-fatal offences is'?

I got a few ideas of what to put in

1) a quote from Diana Roe

2) assault & battery under S39, very confusing law and creates difficulty

3) abh has same sentence as s20 - injustice

4) different degrees of seriousness needed in malicious wounding and grievous bodily harm s18

5) the major difficulty with intention (not desire and motivation)

:confused: but the problem is, i can't seem to write a good structured essay. can someone please help start me off?

ReputationRep:
    please......someone?......help!

ReputationRep:
    This is not a respected qualification.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Percy)
    This is not a respected qualification.
    Dont be like that Percy - at least he's trying something useful. U should start by summing up the evidence you have, then give reasons why one decision should be reached and conflicting reasons for another - however resist the temptation to conclude too early on. Also get a book called "how to study law" from waterstones - reasonable price for such an informative and helpful book: study tips, essay structure help etc,

ReputationRep:
    For any extra work or extra notes i require when writing essays and things i find www.lawteacher.net to be highly useful, i think it has the AQA syllabus subjects on (though i do OCR)

ReputationRep:
    hey! its not respected! its hard work tho...why not!!

anyway, thanx for ya help guys. but george, that linkd doesnt seem to work for me.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.lawteacher.net

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    Dont be like that Percy - at least he's trying something useful. U should start by summing up the evidence you have, then give reasons why one decision should be reached and conflicting reasons for another - however resist the temptation to conclude too early on. Also get a book called "how to study law" from waterstones - reasonable price for such an informative and helpful book: study tips, essay structure help etc,

I agree - with Kurdt Morello - I am also studying A2 Law (4) and I think it's great anyone who has managed to stick the last 2 years out to get this far - it's not the most enjoyable or easiest of qualifications and you have to start here if your serious about continuing anyhow!! I just managed to gain some part-time work in a Solicitors office just on the back of what I had studied so far..... Keep on .....

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.