This discussion is closed.
indy
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Could someone please help me out...I need a hand with a part c) essay-style answer for 'how satisfactory the law on non-fatal offences is'?

I got a few ideas of what to put in

1) a quote from Diana Roe

2) assault & battery under S39, very confusing law and creates difficulty

3) abh has same sentence as s20 - injustice

4) different degrees of seriousness needed in malicious wounding and grievous bodily harm s18

5) the major difficulty with intention (not desire and motivation)

:confused: but the problem is, i can't seem to write a good structured essay. can someone please help start me off?
indy
please......someone?......help!
Percy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
This is not a respected qualification.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
This is not a respected qualification.
Dont be like that Percy - at least he's trying something useful. U should start by summing up the evidence you have, then give reasons why one decision should be reached and conflicting reasons for another - however resist the temptation to conclude too early on. Also get a book called "how to study law" from waterstones - reasonable price for such an informative and helpful book: study tips, essay structure help etc,
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
For any extra work or extra notes i require when writing essays and things i find www.lawteacher.net to be highly useful, i think it has the AQA syllabus subjects on (though i do OCR)
indy
hey! its not respected! its hard work tho...why not!!

anyway, thanx for ya help guys. but george, that linkd doesnt seem to work for me.
Me2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
http://www.lawteacher.net
Larissa
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
Dont be like that Percy - at least he's trying something useful. U should start by summing up the evidence you have, then give reasons why one decision should be reached and conflicting reasons for another - however resist the temptation to conclude too early on. Also get a book called "how to study law" from waterstones - reasonable price for such an informative and helpful book: study tips, essay structure help etc,

I agree - with Kurdt Morello - I am also studying A2 Law (4) and I think it's great anyone who has managed to stick the last 2 years out to get this far - it's not the most enjoyable or easiest of qualifications and you have to start here if your serious about continuing anyhow!! I just managed to gain some part-time work in a Solicitors office just on the back of what I had studied so far..... Keep on .....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (53)
19.49%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (60)
22.06%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (53)
19.49%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (56)
20.59%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
9.19%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
9.19%

Watched Threads