The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i think id like to try and do the 'greek mythology through art' one, and a couple of music ones like 'pop music and the press' and 'intro to music technology'. not sure ill be allowed if im already doing music. we'll see.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
ive had a look at my timetable online and then ive realised that most of the electives i thought looked interesting totally clash wiv it! Not all the elective timetables are up yet tho, i thot the history and philosophy of science stuff looked kl and i dno yet if thatll clash. If all else fails sum gd old french wont do me neharm !! lol. or dance tech, even tho its on a fri and will b my only class then! ach well best wait n c on the electives day!
Reply 3
Please please please don't think im thick but Im going to Leeds Met in a week and haven't heard anything about anything and have no idea what u r talking about! Electives? What? Totally clueless!!
Reply 4
Electives are extra subjects that you have to pick. You can do anything as long as it fits in with your credits.

Maybe they dont have them at Leeds Met
Reply 5
2 pass your course you need to have achieved certain credits, normally 120 , and sometimes your course itself dusnt fill up the full quota, like my new media course, only worth 100. this means theres the opportunity to take another module with your main course, and earn the otha credits that way. Lol i hope im right there, othawise ive jus rabbled on for ages on nufin! So hope that kinda helps!!
Reply 6
suzybabe
2 pass your course you need to have achieved certain credits, normally 120 , and sometimes your course itself dusnt fill up the full quota, like my new media course, only worth 100. this means theres the opportunity to take another module with your main course, and earn the otha credits that way. Lol i hope im right there, othawise ive jus rabbled on for ages on nufin! So hope that kinda helps!!

Thank you guys! Leeds Met have proper wound me up, I haven't been told anything I need to know, well annoying!!

Thanks 4 yr help!
Reply 7
I thought you had to apply for your electives at registration?

How do you find out about timetables?
Reply 8
Northumbrian
I thought you had to apply for your electives at registration?

How do you find out about timetables?
thats what i wanna know, im doing a joint honours and cant find timetables or module's and stuff on the leeds webby, or info on credits and possible electives.
Reply 9
lol i thought i had it somewhat clear until i read this thread

you can pick electives from ANY subject?!

i still dont understand the checking the time table malarky either, i really should've made sure all this was clear before i even left college
Reply 10
i don't understand either its so confusin
wat dont you understand bout it?
surely it is just like in 6th form, where you can't pick some subjects , because they clash with others, so you look at the days and times of the lessons of each subject and check if you are free then. just a guess i didn't get any info on electives, according to the website i should be taking some but just tried to download my timetable(i tihnk its the right one) and doesn't look like i would have any space! thought at uni you were supposed to have lotsa free time, i had more free lessons in 6th form.

see attachements (rename the filetypes as .htm to make them work)
one is a weekly timetable the other is a yearlytimetable

the numbers (eg. 9-etc) underneath are the numbers of the weeks you do that lesson in. most start in week 9 which i *think* is the w/c 26th sept
Reply 13
How did you get your timetable?
http://www.leeds.ac.uk/timetable/05062.html

soapysudds pointed me in the right direction over msn, cheerz for that :smile:
sok :smile:
Reply 16
I guess we get seminar numbers and stuff cos my timetable seems to have a LOT of seminars with dif numbers. :/
Yeah, I spent ages putting all my modules down on there and it just displays all the possible times for them, I guess we'll have to wait till we register or whatever.
my timetable seems empty, only in on two days
Reply 19
Can I take one elective in the first semester and one in the 2nd?

And is it worrying that on my departments website it only details modules for semesters 1 and 2? And with my electives this adds up to the full 120 credits. What happened to Semester 3?

Latest