The Student Room Group

Vac Schemes 2011: Because when you're a lawyer it's never too early!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emma sarge
has anyone hearack from nabarro at all?

still waiting. some people have already been rejected though so if you still haven't heard then uve got a chance
Reply 3281
still have no idea how to quote people on here...

@hmaus + passenger71 - sorry to hear about the CC rejections. stay positive, it will be your turn soon! at least you've had excellent interview experience now, something to build on for the future.

well done to everyone with offers so far!

Is anyone else going to the Kennedys AC in March?
Reply 3282
Original post by oddinary
Rejected from PwC Legal :frown:

I'm sorry to hear about that, do you mind me asking is that after AC or the telephone interview? I didnt like their telephone interview much either.
Original post by michelle346
Burges Salmon offer!!!! yipeeee! :smile:

Congratulations! Might see you over summer then!
Reply 3284
Original post by Rob_Law
I'm sure there has been people on this thread who have been rejected from the application form, not just interview invites.

I'm still waiting to hear from them regarding my application form! Have you heard anything at all from them?

Original post by bigman
exactly the same with me. i had my interview last tuesday (15th) and still haven't heard :s-smilie: when was your interview?

I just got a VS offer from them. Had an interview on Friday 25th, interview finished at 1:45 and I got the email offer at 3 so they seem to move fast. Also, about the 9pm offer thing I got my email invite to interview at 9 on a Friday night!
(edited 13 years ago)
Stage Your application is under consideration
Submitted on 16 January 2011
Will this status ever change?! I'm starting to wonder when I'll hear back from Withers (and White & Case for that matter but there's been enough hand-wringing over them already on here).
Reply 3286
Original post by emem729
I'm sorry to hear about that, do you mind me asking is that after AC or the telephone interview? I didnt like their telephone interview much either.

It's fine, no worries. Rejection after the telephone interview. I thought I did fine though... answered all the questions but maybe I wasn't specific enough? There were times she had to follow up on my examples but even then I thought I answered OK!

Oh well, you win some and you lose some!
Original post by MrVee
Well done michelle.....which open day did you go to?
I went to the one on the Friday and I've not heard anything yet.

Hi MrVee, I went to the one on Monday..thank-you very much I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you :smile:
Original post by Paranoid Kid
Congratulations! Might see you over summer then!

Did you get it too then? :smile:
Original post by michelle346
Did you get it too then? :smile:

Yeah I did. Have you submitted your preference for which week?
Reply 3290
Original post by unclesal
still have no idea how to quote people on here...

@hmaus + passenger71 - sorry to hear about the CC rejections. stay positive, it will be your turn soon! at least you've had excellent interview experience now, something to build on for the future.

well done to everyone with offers so far!

Is anyone else going to the Kennedys AC in March?

use the 'quote' button to the bottom left of the post: if you click it, it brings up the quote within the required [Q.U.O.T.E="unclesal;30106133"] and [/Q.U.O.T.E] fields (without the '.'s), allowing you to quote :wink:
Reply 3291
Original post by stalky234
Thanks Kali, when was your interview?

Sometime mid-January I think. I was going for regional offices but I imagine it'll be the same whichever office you've applied for.
Reply 3292
Original post by ACC13
use the 'quote' button to the bottom left of the post: if you click it, it brings up the quote within the required [Q.U.O.T.E="unclesal;30106133"] and [/Q.U.O.T.E] fields (without the '.'s), allowing you to quote :wink:

course it does! thanks!
Reply 3293
anyone going to the Kennedys AC in March or anyone ever been to one before? not sure what to expect.
Original post by H.S.M
When did you apply to White & Case if you don't mind me asking? I still haven't heard.

Apparently, White & Case don't interview - they decide based on the application form alone for vac schemes. But yeah, some people have offers already, some have been rejected already, some have heard nothing. *shrug* When did you apply? I'm thinking maybe it might have something to do with when people apply...?

I apllied about 2 weeks before the deadline.. but i started working on the application when it came out on 1st nov. So I worked it on solidly before sending it off.
Has anyone heard from Baker & McKenzie since their recent 'we'll get back to you by the 9th but we just want you to stew a bit more' email?
Original post by Nicholash
I'm still waiting to hear from White & Case too- I'm guessing that since some ppl have been rejected and others seem to have interviews I could be on first reserve or something? Seems to be the case with a lot of my apps atm :tongue:

I've heard that white & Case dont interview? I thought it was solidly based on your application?

Good Luck! I'm sure you'd get it :wink:
Reply 3297
We are still in the process of reviewing applications. *This is due to the high volume of applications we have received for this year's Summer Scheme.

We will be in touch shortly regarding the outcome of your application

anyone else get this from nabarro today?
Reply 3298
Applied for Kennedys vacation scheme, they said they would let me know from mid to end of February, but I have heard nothing! :confused:
Reply 3299

anyone going to the Kennedys AC in March or anyone ever been to one before? not sure what to expect.

Hey, I also applied to Kennedys, and anxiously waiting for a reply! When did you hear back from them???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending