Lent my ID to someone underage and got caught. - Consequences?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
J1M
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Basically I was stupid enough to let someone underage (17) use my Driving License to try and get into a late night bar/club whilst I was also out...

I was already in the club but when I went out to the smoking area one of the bouncers asked to see my ID (passport) and i showed it him not thinking anything off it, but then he said hes just going in side for a minute and the next thing i know hes got my passport and driving license in his hand... so anyway he said i was committing fraud and everything and that i would have to go down the police station to pick it up. it also probably didn't help I was far too drunk and i think i was getting abit too rowdy with the bouncer. :/...

Just wondering if anyone has been dumb enough to also be in this situation and what the consequences will be when i goto the station to pick it up? Like will there be a fine? or just a telling off and a warning etc?

thanks!
Dystopian91
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Zomg Pedo
DaveSmith99
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
They should just give it you back and say dont do it again.
Ghost
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm not sure how you can be done for asking a friend to hold your passport - it's not up to you what he does with it. Additionally, how can they prove any of this even happened?

The most you'll get is a verbal warning from the police.
manx1991
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My mate had this problem. (except she wasn't in the same club as the other person!) She had to phone up the club the next day and ask for it back, she said she got a massive lecture about the police being involved next time but it was just a warning... So I doubt you'll get much more than that from the police.
screaming_pickle
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I borrowed a friend ID once and got it taken off me but the girl whos it was just went up to the police who were stood on the street at the time and said she had 'lost' her ID and asked them to try and see if the bouncer had it and she got it back easily. the stoary didnt even make much sense but they went along and they got it off the bouncer for her.
No consequences just pick it up from police station id say
username271381
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
When this used to happen to my friends they'd just snatch 'their' ID back and run!

My ex did this though, let an underage friend borrow his licence, but he was told to collect it from the club itself and was given a 'yellow warning', i.e. if he ever does it again and gets caught he'll be banned! Nothing major. My own provisional is currently in Benicassim. If you spoke to my ID for a while, you'd find out that I am actually five people.
NatalieMT
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The same happened to a friend of mine and he went to the station to collect the ID. I think they asked him how the other person had got the ID and he claimed he didn't know 'may have left it at his house but didn't give permission to use' etc. They asked if he wanted to press charges, he said no, the ID was returned to him and end of.
ThatWillDoYou
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Castration.
rebecca871
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've been caught a few times with fake id someone else if etc and the police dont care, half the time they couldn't tell that the id was fake even though the people from the club had told them.

Nothing will happen they might give you a telling off or something.
Astra_K
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Why did you let some random 17 year old in a club?
Pedo.
datr
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You should be fine. When my brother got caught using mine they just destroyed it. £80 down the drain. :angry:
Muffin.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Deny it.
Acolyte
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just say you left it unattended, or thought you had lent the person your library card to go and pay your fines at the library, but gave them the wrong card by mistake.
Floopy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Astra_K)
Why did you let some random 17 year old in a club?
Pedo.

another ****** post by you sir
J1M
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I was thinking of just denying I even knew he had it but the bouncers seemed to know I did as it was fairly obvious.. and there was a woman there with a clipboard writing notes down etc which i assume she is going to send to the police along with the ID. So if i go down to the police station Denying all knowledge of it, they are going to start asking more questions like how did he get it etc perhaps its not worth the hassle lying as i may end up in more trouble then needed.
f00ddude
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i say just admit to it
youd be very unlucky to get more than a warning as long as u dont make up any obviously ******** story

edit: just googled it, seems atm worst that can happen is they keep the ID but even thats rare
they are bringing in fines soon though
laurafaye
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I borrowed my friends ID once and the bouncer knew straight away it wasnt me, he said he was going to call the police over but i just sweet talked him and he let me in the club hahah. If they take it off you you just have to go and collect it from the police station and they give you a verbal warning, no biggie.
tkwan196
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by J1M)
Basically I was stupid enough to let someone underage (17) use my Driving License to try and get into a late night bar/club whilst I was also out...

I was already in the club but when I went out to the smoking area one of the bouncers asked to see my ID (passport) and i showed it him not thinking anything off it, but then he said hes just going in side for a minute and the next thing i know hes got my passport and driving license in his hand... so anyway he said i was committing fraud and everything and that i would have to go down the police station to pick it up. it also probably didn't help I was far too drunk and i think i was getting abit too rowdy with the bouncer. :/...

Just wondering if anyone has been dumb enough to also be in this situation and what the consequences will be when i goto the station to pick it up? Like will there be a fine? or just a telling off and a warning etc?

thanks!
usually the owner has to go to the police station to get it back but you can;t get done for it. you just say that you lost it or something and they can't prove that you intended for your mate to commit fraud
Dan-Scotland
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
One time I used my friends ID. He went in one door with his driving licence, five minutes later I went to another door with his Youngscot card and I got in okay. Then, stupidly, he went out and gave his ID to another friend,w ho got caught at the door, the bouncer came in and just said finish your drinks and you have to leave. No problems getting the ID back though.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.55%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.13%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.1%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.13%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (77)
28.62%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.47%

Watched Threads