Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    jst wondering is any1 going to UEA??

ReputationRep:
    Possibly, depending on the result of my interview at Warwick (or if York wants me), but I've decided that UEA will definitely be either my firm or insurance choice

I haven't been to visit the uni yet, but I've heard good things about it - and the course (English & American Lit.) looks great.

ReputationRep:
    ive jst got conditional offer n really like it. It seems to have a good reputation and its a really nice campus.

ReputationRep:
    What course are you doing?

Not many people seem to have applied there. I chose it cause it has an excellent rep for english, particularly creative writing.

ReputationRep:
    physiotherapy. Think its possibly because norwich is a bit difficult to get to from alot of places, at first I wasnt going to apply there for that reason but then I went to the open day and really liked it

ReputationRep:
    If you want to know more about it I know that Chicken is there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giddychick)
    physiotherapy. Think its possibly because norwich is a bit difficult to get to from alot of places, at first I wasnt going to apply there for that reason but then I went to the open day and really liked it
    Kewl One of my best mates is applying for physio/ sports therapy. I think he's applied to Hull, Kent and Plymouth + some other places I can't remember.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my first year there studying chemistry - if theres anything you want to know then i'll be happy to help you out. Its a really good uni - i love it there (see the thread called 'Rate your University' - i wrote loads!) but you do have to visit it to fall in love with it. Out of all the uni's i visited it had the best atmosphere (which more than makes up for the rather concrete-y older buildings). Have you thought about which accomodation you are going to apply for?

ReputationRep:
    i liked nelsons court, (think thats what its called) when i came to the open day but constable terrace looks nice too! Which halls would you recommend? Also, does Norwich have a good night life? A few people have said its a bit quiet!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    i liked nelsons court, (think thats what its called) when i came to the open day but constable terrace looks nice too! Which halls would you recommend? Also, does Norwich have a good night life? A few people have said its a bit quiet!
    Thanks
    I'm in Nelson Court (blatently the best!). Neslon and Constable are exactly the same inside - rooms are laid out in the same way, same kitchens etc but Constable is a bit out of the way - Nelson is only a 2 minute walk from the bar Its very nice to wake up in the morning and have your own shower - although Nelson/Constable are the nicest they do cost much more than the others (but you do get what you pay for). Though if you're doing physiotherapy (is that right) i'm not sure where your course will be based, and Nelson might be a bit far away. There is also a new block behind Nelson that will be ready for September and that has en-suites too (though i don't know what they'll be like).

Norwich is certainly not quiet on the nightlife front! I don't recommend you go out on a friday or saturday night as it tends to be more aimed at locals and gets very expensive. The best times to go out during the week are the student nights (particularly tuesdays and wednesdays, although some places also have student nights on mondays as well) and the atmosphere is really good! I don't think i've been to half the places in Norwich (some of the best places are a bit tucked out of the way so you have to know about them being there), but usually you can go out and have a really good night on not much money. If you do want to go out on a saturday, the best place is the waterfront, which is the union owned and run club in the city centre, and saturday nights is 'meltdown' which is all indie music, and being union run its far cheaper than the other clubs in town on a staurday night. Plus its cheaper to get in as you will have a student card.

I hope thats helped a bit, if theres anything else you want to ask post it on here or PM me

ReputationRep:
    I am still waiting to hear back from them but since my other choices all gave me unconditionals, I am expecting UEA to as well.

I've applied to do BioMed.

ReputationRep:
    NikNak.

So far, UAE is the only university that has responded to me, and that was a week after my application! 3 Months later, and nothing from the others.

It's funny how these things work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnymcc2003)
    NikNak.

So far, UAE is the only university that has responded to me, and that was a week after my application! 3 Months later, and nothing from the others.

It's funny how these things work.
    What have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks alot chicken, thats really helpful!

ReputationRep:
    His/Pol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnymcc2003)
    His/Pol.
    Im at UEA aswell and the person in the room next to me is studying history and politics. If there's anything you want to kno about the course I will ask them.

As far as accomodation is concerned, the village is by far the best despite what Chicken says

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_)
    Im at UEA aswell and the person in the room next to me is studying history and politics. If there's anything you want to kno about the course I will ask them.

As far as accomodation is concerned, the village is by far the best despite what Chicken says
    Er how far do you have to walk to get to the bar? Two minutes? I think not

I've just got back - my network is being really rubbish! Its soo slow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    Er how far do you have to walk to get to the bar? Two minutes? I think not

I've just got back - my network is being really rubbish! Its soo slow!
    The network is fine. Every site loads perfectly, and very quickly, except this one.

I have to walk 10 minutes to get to the bar, not exactly a marathon distance :rolleyes: One of my flat mates had to do some coursework with someone from Nelson and they wouldnt dare come to the Village because he was too scared. He got into a fight we someone from the village and now is too scared to come here. Therefore I will generalise hugely and conclude that Nelson is full of ponces

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_)
    The network is fine. Every site loads perfectly, and very quickly, except this one.

I have to walk 10 minutes to get to the bar, not exactly a marathon distance :rolleyes: One of my flat mates had to do some coursework with someone from Nelson and they wouldnt dare come to the Village because he was too scared. He got into a fight we someone from the village and now is too scared to come here. Therefore I will generalise hugely and conclude that Nelson is full of ponces
    :eek: :eek: :eek: I am NOT a ponce! Thats very unfair! :mad: Well maybe there are a few exceptions, but there are no ponces living with me!

My network is totally useless - everyone elses is really fast with the exception of mine! I don't know if its because the network settings are wrong - my dad changed them all to try and get my laptop onto his network at home, but sorted it out when he dropped me back yesterday, though i don't know why its not working fast :confused: maybe he hasn't changed them back properly. The only things i can get onto fast are the Intranet and the blackboard site...

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :eek: :eek: I am NOT a ponce! Thats very unfair! :mad: Well maybe there are a few exceptions, but there are no ponces living with me!
    I know, I was only jokin! To be fair, Nelson and Constable are ranked as the best student acommodation in the country (so Im told..) so to go there is by no means a bad choice. The village was always my first chice though and Im still glad that I chose it.

My network is totally useless - everyone elses is really fast with the exception of mine! I don't know if its because the network settings are wrong - my dad changed them all to try and get my laptop onto his network at home, but sorted it out when he dropped me back yesterday, though i don't know why its not working fast :confused: maybe he hasn't changed them back properly. The only things i can get onto fast are the Intranet and the blackboard site...
    Mine is the other way round! Internal sites are slow and web pages load instantly (except UKL). I dont know whats goin on, it was perfect until yesterday and everyone else came back :mad: I think they may have underestimated the strain that would be put on the new server..

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.