GCSE DT Help! Watch
1. a range of quality gift products with moving parts or animated (interesting, but a range of products? and animated? i dunno...sounds kinda complicated)
2. a watch display (little material variant-possibly only wood or plastic?)
3. candle holders (a possibility)
4. products promoting special events which are 3D, easy to assemble and moves (ie Christmas) (very complicated...and limited festivals)
5. garden accessories with packaging (very little matieral variant only metal and plastic...and packaging?!)
6. a range of toys one has to have an action feature and a storage system (a possibility, but not many good ideas as to what to make...)
7. simple flat back seat (not keen on idea)
8. safe road signs (u could probably only use wood...which wouldn't show many skills or processes...)
9. room screen divider (not keen)
10. futuristic 3D decorative thing that slots together (possible option but no ideas...)
11. products promoting numeracy and literacy to children (seems okish...any ideas?)
12. products which help people with learning difficulties, design jigs needed to manufacture ten of them...(not keen)
does anyone have any tips or ideas possibly for number 6, 11 or 10....i'm kinda trying to narrow it down, but seriously some of these options are so limited...and i can't choose a brief that will be of a good complexity, something i can explore with different materials and processes, fulfils criteria and is relatively straight forward to model and make...
thanks in advance!
Now I don't do RM but my teacher gave us a huge list but highlighted about 4 good ones to do, hasn't yours tried that?
Can't you choose one you like the look of and can think of a good situation for, and then think about using as many materials and processes later?
For example, I'm making a tray for money to go in on mine, and rather than me constructing it out of MDF my teacher suggested I could vacuum form it. Like, just for the hell of it, so I can write about it in my folder.
I'm not sure about that though