ARGH Physics coursework HELP Watch

This discussion is closed.
ruthie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
ARGH Physics A2 coursework! im doing the salters horners course and need an idea for my coursework! suggestions fromthe web site include contact lenses and cds but what about them!! argh in a big hole! getting very stressed! has anyone out there done physics alevel coursework (not necesarily salters hornes) what did you do? do you know anyone thats done it? plaease help me!!!
Chris L
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm doing Salters Horners at the moment and did my coursework a few months ago. Don't worry too much, I found a lot of good resources online to get ideas from.

Here’s a list of experiments I and my friends did -
> Projectile motion (a good excuse to build an onager)
> Force of recoil from a catapult (a catapult on wheels and different masses basically)
> Finding the natural frequency of a building (theoretical and the practical)
> Capacitors in AC and DC circuits (including AC theory)
> Investigating flow rates (a bucket of water and different sized tubes out of the bottom)
> Investigating how high a ball bounces (depending on height, mass etc)

Don't overcomplicate something, like I nearly did and strayed into degree level physics. Also don't do something too simple, my friend ended up investigating AC theory with capacitors as his was too simple. Choose one that you can draw a certain conclusion from and just follow the specification. If you want to bump your marks up some more, develop the conclusions using all your scientific knowledge.
I screwed up on my exams last year but still managed to get a C as my coursework was an A. I'm beginning to like the idea of coursework now just not looking forward to the re-sits on Thursday lol. Also, don't forget that this year it only makes up 10% of your final grade.

Good luck

Chris
ruthie
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
which modules you resitting? im doing both unit one and unit 2 on thursday!! i turned up to a whole 3 lessons last year and ended up with a D so thought maybe if i worked i could boost them! what other subjects are you doing? thanks for your help its been very helpful (funnily enough)
Chris L
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm doing both on Thursday as well, bricking it at the mo lol. Trying to learn as many equations and key terms as I can. Didn't learn the key terms last year and didn't know the "useful" equations so ended up with two D's in the exams last year, it was the coursework that kept me on the course! lol
I'm also doing AQA Computing and AQA Geography (for which I've got two exams tomorrow yay :|)...I dropped Maths after AS after getting an E (whoops lol), I blame the teaching (or lack of!). I'm aiming to go to Imperial or Manchester to study a Masters in Geology but I guess we'll see lol.
BTW for more ideas check here - http://www.york.ac.uk/org/seg/salter...oursework.html

Good luck with the exams,

Chris
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (76)
44.97%
Pro-humanity (93)
55.03%