Computer Problems. Technical assistance required. Watch

This discussion is closed.
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
My computer basically crashed so I had to use the restart button. The message came up again, so I am slightly concerned. Looks like I might have to learn what to do for future cases.

I'm going to try restarting again, see whether it comes up naturally or just when I do an emergency shut-down.
It was fine that time, lets hope it was a one off *looks doubtful*.
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
It happened again last week, and then has occured several times since.

I've been able to get it back before, but today, after I've done the whole 'scanreg/restore' thing it's just restarting back into the problem.

Definately will be investing in a new machine sometime soon, but in the mean time, anyone have any ideas?
Fly By
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
It happened again last week, and then has occured several times since.

I've been able to get it back before, but today, after I've done the whole 'scanreg/restore' thing it's just restarting back into the problem.

Definately will be investing in a new machine sometime soon, but in the mean time, anyone have any ideas?
just try to work with it if you;re gettin a new one soon.

have yu tried reinstallin windas?
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Fly By)
just try to work with it if you;re gettin a new one soon.

have yu tried reinstallin windas?
The point is I can't 'work with it' at all if it wont even get to the set up. [Am using my sister's comp at the moment- hense the ability to come on]

I'm hoping that if I load it into safe mode, I'll still be able to transfer all my files across the network. I don't think reinstalling windows is what I'm after doing. Possibly something else to do in DOS mode or whatever.

Anyway, no worries. Either I'll wait until my dad gets back from his trip, or I'll get hold of my brother somewhen.
Fly By
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
The point is I can't 'work with it' at all if it wont even get to the set up. [Am using my sister's comp at the moment- hense the ability to come on]

I'm hoping that if I load it into safe mode, I'll still be able to transfer all my files across the network. I don't think reinstalling windows is what I'm after doing. Possibly something else to do in DOS mode or whatever.

Anyway, no worries. Either I'll wait until my dad gets back from his trip, or I'll get hold of my brother somewhen.
hehe, sorry...
Fly By
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hey take look at this website...maybe your ram is screwed?

http://www.wintrouble.net/discus/mes...tml?1003693471

now think of it, i think something similar happened to my computer as well, and it was the ram....
Fly By
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
or try this

http://oldlook.experts-exchange.com:..._20722811.html

he installed coreldraw and corrupted a file. maybe you did the same thing with your printer software...??
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Good to know that I was right.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (238)
61.82%
Yes- I don't like it (18)
4.68%
No- I want it (104)
27.01%
No- I don't want it (25)
6.49%

Watched Threads