The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

izaldo
Get this fella in.

P.S. Nice Nas quote in the sig :cool:

Can they afford him though?
jakemittle
Can they afford him though?

Lets be honest, that's probably a big no.

<Awaits link showing we can, making me look like a tard>
Reply 302
If Torres goes, presumably we can afford the fella, even taking a diminishing budget into account. How much could they possibly charge for a 31 year old?
izaldo
If Torres goes, presumably we can afford the fella, even taking a diminishing budget into account. How much could they possibly charge for a 31 year old?

A 31 one year old who won best player at the World Cup?
A lot I think :P
izaldo

Despite his age, he had a brilliant WC and has been a massive influence at Atletico. If they sell Aguero, I cant see them selling both their strikers?

The plus side for us is that we have a good relationship with Atletico and Maxi might be able to help convince him.

I'd love to see Forlan get the winner against Utd :woo:

Ps. His missus is fiiiiiine :drool:
Reply 305
jakemittle
A 31 one year old who won best player at the World Cup?
A lot I think :P

As fantastic a player as he may be, he's nowhere near the Torres bracket in terms of value.
sarforaz
Despite his age, he had a brilliant WC and has been a massive influence at Atletico. If they sell Aguero, I cant see them selling both their strikers?

The plus side for us is that we have a good relationship with Atletico and Maxi might be able to help convince him.

I'd love to see Forlan get the winner against Utd :woo:

Ps. His missus is fiiiiiine :drool:

Really? :eek:
Who is it?!?! Who is it?!

izaldo
As fantastic a player as he may be, he's nowhere near the Torres bracket in terms of value.

What is Torres' value?
I would say At. Madrid wont settle for anything less than £30 mill
jakemittle
Really? :eek:
Who is it?!?! Who is it?!

Spoiler

:drool:

What is Torres' value?
I would say At. Madrid wont settle for anything less than £30 mill

I'd say we should be able to get at least 35 to 40mil for Torres, even in a normal market. But I dont think we'd let him leave for less thsn £50mil.

Can only see Man City in the market who'd be willing to pay that.

I'd agree with your Forlan value, but for some reason, all the reports say Atletico would let him leave for £15mil :s-smilie:
Reply 308
sarforaz

Spoiler

I'd say we should be able to get at least 35 to 40mil for Torres, even in a normal market. But I dont think we'd let him leave for less thsn £50mil.

I'd agree with your Forlan value, but for some reason, all the reports say Atletico would let him leave for £15mil :s-smilie:

I've seen similar to Sarforaz

Torres = £50m +
Forlan = £15m

If reports are to be believed.
Reply 309
izaldo
Get this fella in.

P.S. Nice Nas quote in the sig :cool:

Can't go wrong with Nas :yy:
Isn't chrissy lar supposedly lining up diego to replace fernando?
Reply 311
DontBuyTheSun
Isn't chrissy lar supposedly lining up diego to replace fernando?

exactement
Reply 312
I can't see Torres going to City. I don't see why he would want to tbh :nothing:

He wouldn't even be guaranteed a first team place there and City can't exactly rotate Tevez, Adebayor and Torres and expect to keep them happy at the same time.
Reply 313
Tbh I think I could understand any player going to City right now. They are getting the next level of players, above Bellamy, Barry etc and going for Silva, Torres etc. Added to that the money on offer. If I was a footballer I would seriously consider any offer from them.

Torres would definitely be guaranteed a first team place at City with Adebayor and Tevez rotated around him and his injuries. Torres would more than likely get fewer injuries at City as well as he wouldn't have to be played if he was carrying a niggle.
Reply 314
Yeah, but the success doesn't actually mean anything if they do win anything.

Hollow as hollow can be.

If I was a pro, I'd adopt the Pharcyde approach; I've gotta kick something that means something
Reply 315
izaldo
Yeah, but the success doesn't actually mean anything if they do win anything.

Hollow as hollow can be.

If I was a pro, I'd adopt the Pharcyde approach; I've gotta kick something that means something

And I would be living on a private island with 100 of the fittest women begging to suck my balls :awesome:
Reply 316
meskell
And I would be living on a private island with 100 of the fittest women begging to suck my balls :awesome:

They'd break you :colonhash:
Reply 317
izaldo
They'd break you :colonhash:

True :emo: I would die happy though :h:
sarforaz

Spoiler

If they did that, that would probably be as stupid as what Barca did with Eto'o me thinks...
jakemittle
If they did that, that would probably be as stupid as what Barca did with Eto'o me thinks...

You didnt :drool:

:hmmm:

Do you bat for the other team? Is Forlan more to your taste? :hmmm:

Latest