Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    please can u help
    i am studying the catcher in the rye, and i need to fill the following headings with quotes form the book i have doe mos of the heading but these where left and i am stuck
    please

Use of informal connectives and filter such as you know kind of.
    Use of demonstrative adjectives, such as these and those.
    Use of informal vocabulary.
    Use of looser sentence style than you would except in written language.
    More repetition than in written language.

ReputationRep:
    pz

ReputationRep:
    Er, I don't know about those headings, but there's a pretty good website (www.sparknotes.com) where you can get info on literature and poetry. You have to join to read some of the info, but its free.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mittow)
    please can u help
    i am studying the catcher in the rye, and i need to fill the following headings with quotes form the book i have doe mos of the heading but these where left and i am stuck
    please

Use of informal connectives and filter such as you know kind of.
    Use of demonstrative adjectives, such as these and those.
    Use of informal vocabulary.
    Use of looser sentence style than you would except in written language.
    More repetition than in written language.
    Wow. I'm studying CitR as my GCSE exam text and we haven't gone into that kind of detail.

I guess your teacher is giving you loads of homework. Ah well.

ReputationRep:
    sparknotes is definitely the best site for Catcher notes, although I do realise the last post in this forum was over a year ago and you probably no longer care.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.