So what about a stereotypical media studies student?

Watch this thread
fist of the south star
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Yes inspired like many others and many more to come. This'll be interesting!
IKnowSoMuch!!
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 years ago
Well versed in Dostoevskyian nihilism, taking a particular interest in the profound battles of morality that play out in Crime and Punishment. Concerned that arguments from natural theology have no place in modern reasoning about God, and taken aback by the polarization of American politics. Considering this whilst listening intently to In Our Time on BBC Radio 4 whilst breezing e-bay for cheap editions of Ulysess and The Wasteland?
Nutta!
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by fist of the south star)
Yes inspired like many others and many more to come. This'll be interesting!
Graphics, laid back.... on the computer a lot
Leon Trotsky
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Well, they're probably hard working students with a passion for the media whose degree should be as valued as anyone elses.
Genocidal
Badges: 19
Report 11 years ago

A little something like this I imagine. (I love stereotypes)

:yep:
Dino89
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
In A-Level I came first in Media Studies among about 90 students, I got quite a bit of abuse as it was considered a doss subject but I approached it like History or English...all the other people who got top of their subjects got £20 book vouchers...I got a £400 lap-top

You get people who are lazy and do last minute prep in all subject areas. Media Studies combines disciplines you see in many subjects, and in my opinion is a valid subject especially for the times we live in.

Oh and the media does play a huge role in society...If anyone has studied sociology or even criminology will know this. Plus come on...Rupert Murdoch, by far one of the most powerful and influential men in the world....and not many people know who he is.
Mm_Minty
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Again, this should be good 8-D
JHar
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Dino89)

Oh and the media does play a huge role in society...If anyone has studied sociology or even criminology will know this. Plus come on...Rupert Murdoch, by far one of the most powerful and influential men in the world....and not many people know who he is.
You shouldn't mention Murdock and sociology in the same sentence. Sociology students will get headaches as they remember the idiocy that is called George Murdock ;;
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (79)
18.85%
The paper was reasonable (157)
37.47%
Not feeling great about that exam... (117)
27.92%
It was TERRIBLE (66)
15.75%

Watched Threads