Any one know the mark scheme for GCSE RE? Watch

This discussion is closed.
phenomenom
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Any one know the mark scheme for GCSE RE?
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
1) Wrong forum

2) No other detail given
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes.

Lazy = fail
Bothered = pass
Religious = A
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I got an A* at GCSE (only short course though) I think its total luck. I knew nothing, didn't have one single exercise book for R.E. Try to show you're thinking about the questions.
On my paper it said something along the lines of (can't remember exactly was nearly 2 years back now!' "Why are humans superior to animals". I didn't know what the correct answer was, - it's something to do with humans having a concience and other animals not i think - as we hadn't learnt it. So instead I argued that humans are only a superior form of animals....it must have worked....or I just got lucky.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Quite stupid really, I overheard one of my Jewish friend's tatic for RS, they basically make up quotes from Rabbi xzy to support their arguments. And the examiner doesn't have a clue, but to give them the mark.
a_musical_guy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Yes.

Lazy = fail
Bothered = pass
Religious = A
LOL... so true

You might have luck searching on the AQA website
http://www.aqa.org.uk
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't know if this is true of GCSE, but my A-Level Psychology teacher said if you quote something that is not a mainstream study/piece of text then the marker is supposed to check that it is genuine. Whether they all bother or not is a different story.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *Riz*)
I don't know if this is true of GCSE, but my A-Level Psychology teacher said if you quote something that is not a mainstream study/piece of text then the marker is supposed to check that it is genuine. Whether they all bother or not is a different story.
They are, whether it is science facts/ so examiner have to check it out.

But realistically for gcses, I mean they have over 100 scripts to mark, do you think they can be assed to mark it properly?

But in A levels they do check all quotes etc. as they mark the exam from beginning to end or per question.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by phenomenom)
Any one know the mark scheme for GCSE RE?
cant u just do an hour reading the night b4 and get an A* like others?
anon53
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Do the Task get a* MY TARGET GRADE
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by shauncouldstone)
Do the Task get a* MY TARGET GRADE
I did no work for 2 years, just did 2 hours reading the night before, memorized some decent quotes, and got a high A*.

Although the exams were very easy though.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
They are, whether it is science facts/ so examiner have to check it out.

But realistically for gcses, I mean they have over 100 scripts to mark, do you think they can be assed to mark it properly?

But in A levels they do check all quotes etc. as they mark the exam from beginning to end or per question.
Very true.

They aren't going to search for hours to check your quote.

They'll give you the mark, or give you credit for it when marking that particular question in some form at least.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_guy)
LOL... so true

You might have luck searching on the AQA website
http://www.aqa.org.uk
I am non-religious and didn't care whatsoever about R.E, did very little work for 2 years and only 2 hours reading/revision, yet i got A*.

It isn't hard to achieve, obviously.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
1) Wrong forum

2) No other detail given
You would be a millionaire Phil if you got a pound for each time you had to say that to a random person who posts an academic question on the main page with not enough information for people to then help them.
Evil Muffin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah, I wrote out a few quotations from Mark's gospel, learnt them on the bus the morning of the exam and got an A. My friend, on the other hand, wrote 'because Jesus loves me' and about tuna sandwiches, and got a D. She wasn't really bothered (evidently).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (197)
61.76%
Yes- I don't like it (12)
3.76%
No- I want it (88)
27.59%
No- I don't want it (22)
6.9%

Watched Threads