This discussion is closed.
minkailin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i havnt had a confirmation through UCAS for my cambridge offer, but i already sent a letter to the admissions tutor arguing abt my fee status. i'm kinda worried/paranoid that they mite take back the offer!
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They won't. They take time over these things, I only got my rejection on the UCAS tracker yesterday. At least I have it, that's all my 6 decisions so I can now choose my universities.
africa
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by minkailin)
got an offer from cambridge BUT
cuz i STUPIDLY put "private finance" in the ucas form i'll b charged 20 times more than what i expected!!
i plan to phone up cambridge and change my status but i'm paranoid abt it...wot if they reject me altogether or make the offer impossiblely harder!? helpppppp

i havnt had a confirmation through UCAS for my cambridge offer, but i already sent a letter to the admissions tutor arguing abt my fee status. i'm kinda worried/paranoid that they mite take back the offer!
Hey minkailin! IF around, keep us informed of progress! Hope it goes well.
amexblack
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How did you manage to get your fee status wrong in the first place?

Perhaps I'm being cynical, but it is quite often the case that international students who could qualify for LEA support instead choose private support in order to be more attractive to a university as they bring in more revenue (Unis receive alot more from each international applicant than a government funded applicant as LSE knows and capitalises upon). Perhaps, having received desired offers, they then try and change their fee status in order not to have to pay such large amounts.

Your UCAS application is a form of contract. If you change any details on the application, you could be in breach of contract and any university may retract their offer. Whether or not the tracker has been updated is, frankly, irrelevant!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads