Do u support the US and its Policies Watch

This discussion is closed.
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
McDonalds is no worse for you than anything else. You need a varied and balanced diet and a couple of trips to McDonalds a month aren't going to do you any harm. No one is forcing anyone to eat there!

The people who get fat from it have only themselves to blame.
agree totally a 3 trips to mcdonalds a month arent going to hurt you in anyway noticable. however the culture in america of eating which inculdes companies like mcdonalds dont encourage healthy eatting at all. This is a serious problem that we need to address. They are constantly developing larger portions with highter levels of fat and carbohydrates which leds to in america society obesity. This is the culture they are promoting to the world and one that i think is awful.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
if the additives are canicogenic? (excuse spelling) http://www.preventcancer.com/press/e...march10_92.htm
Yes, but in what quantities? Carrots are "carcinogenic"
rednirt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
McDonalds is no worse for you than anything else. You need a varied and balanced diet and a couple of trips to McDonalds a month aren't going to do you any harm. No one is forcing anyone to eat there!

The people who get fat from it have only themselves to blame.
I was reading in a newspaper at my friends house at the weekend that there was a man who has made a film about him eating nothing but MacDonalds for a month and how his cholesterol shot up,. as did his weight and his doctors warned him that he would casue serious damage if he continued.

I agree with you Gimpy, people are stupid for saying its bad for you if you go every so often.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Yes, but in what quantities? Carrots are "carcinogenic"
hmmm i agree totally with what people are saying that moderation is great but i think its difficult to eat in moderation in an american culture due to its emphasis on cheap and plentiful supplies of high fat foods.

on the subject of carcinogenic (thanks) chemicals what do you think macdonalds macflurries are like without the aditives? distugusting since there are so many in them.

lastly i forgot to mention about the effect this fast food culture is having on other parts of the world. Like the demand for cheap meat in brazil which is leading to deforestation and destruction of the rainforest.
zazy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Josh75077)
Mcdonalds sucks dude, Chik-fil-a or better still even, Chili's way better!
joking mate...No offence!!!
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
I was reading in a newspaper at my friends house at the weekend that there was a man who has made a film about him eating nothing but MacDonalds for a month and how his cholesterol shot up,. as did his weight and his doctors warned him that he would casue serious damage if he continued.

I agree with you Gimpy, people are stupid for saying its bad for you if you go every so often.
i think you have misunderstood my arguement. I totally agree that its fine in moderation however if you look at american culture its very difficult to get a balanced diet. Thus there should be some level of coperate/federal responsibity to encourage people to eat more rather than actively helping american companies spread this culture abroad.
(see rainforest comment on other post)
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It isn't difficult to get a balanced diet, people are just too lazy to bother. While convenience foods remain unhealthy more and more people will get obese. Parents get in from work and shove something in the microwave for the kids, ring up for a takeaway or drive to the closest fast food place. I blame women becoming too career-minded hehe.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
i think you have misunderstood my arguement. I totally agree that its fine in moderation however if you look at american culture its very difficult to get a balanced diet. Thus there should be some level of coperate/federal responsibity to encourage people to eat more rather than actively helping american companies spread this culture abroad.
(see rainforest comment on other post)
I disagree. I don't think it's the State's responsibility at all. This surely isn't the purpose of government......teaching people how to feed themselves. That's the epitomy of the nanny state as far as I'm concerned. Pathetic! We'll be expecting government to show us how to properly wipe our backsides next.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
It isn't difficult to get a balanced diet, people are just too lazy to bother. While convenience foods remain unhealthy more and more people will get obese. Parents get in from work and shove something in the microwave for the kids, ring up for a takeaway or drive to the closest fast food place. I blame women becoming too career-minded hehe.
Yes, it was much better when women were at home cooking nutricious and delicious shepards pies than power dressing in those big shouldered suits and gallavanting around pretending to be executives.

JOKING!!!!!!!
Josh75077
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
Gee nobody goes to Mcdonalds, well they do really, but y'all talk like its the only fast food joint around, or maybe it is in England although I'm sure I recall Burger King & KFC when I went to the UK.

Or do people in the UK actually think Mcdonalds is good. The only time I ever go there is if I'm in a 1 horse town and their aint no other resturant of any description.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.71%
No (264)
33.29%

Watched Threads