Turn on thread page Beta

lip piercing jewellery size watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What size is the lip piercing stick thing? Not the ball but the titanium length it screws onto. I want to change the ball size to something small than what the standard size is, so its not as noticeable at work.

ReputationRep:
    It's called a labret.

You need to buy a whole labret to replace the one you're wearing really.

The size you're wearing might be 10mm/8mm/6mm. This is referring to the length of the bar - you should know this yourself.

You could buy a see-through retainer for work, or see if there's anything on somewhere like this CLICK,that is small enough for you.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't you think to ask before you let the piercing studio?

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you know. I havnt had it pierced yet.
    Isnt it obvious that i would measure the labret bar myself, before wasting my time on here?
    And it would be silly to keep replacing the lip piercing to a retainer whilst im working, hence why i want a small bar, as its less painful i imagine to change the ball rather than the piercing bar itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tribalplanet333)
    Isnt it obvious that i would measure the labret bar myself, before wasting my time on here?
    And it would be silly to keep replacing the lip piercing to a retainer whilst im working, hence why i want a small bar, as its less painful i imagine to change the ball rather than the piercing bar itself.
    Alright smart arse, you'd be surprised.

ReputationRep:

Well enjoy finding it out yourself then. :rolleyes:

FYI you'll have to have what they give you for 2 weeks anyway so it doesn't close up on it.

Now tallyho toodle pip.

ReputationRep:
    i didnt mean that in a nasty way. I just cant find it any information ANYWHERE!!

ReputationRep:
    i didnt mean that in a nasty way. I just cant find it any information ANYWHERE!!
    so ask your piercer

ReputationRep:
    I've got 6mm. Then again, I've got a flower looking thing in mine soooooo

ReputationRep:
    You'd normally be pierced with a 1.6mm gauge labret stud. The ball may be anything from 3mm-5mm, but you can ask to have a 3mm ball *usually the smallest they come in for a 1.6 gauge* put on before you're pierced. If you're booking an appt, then tell them over the phone if there's any specific jewellery you'd like - they may be able to order it before you get there.

ReputationRep:
    You've got to keep the original one in for a couple of weeks cuz of swelling.
    It really didn't hurt changing the bar & ball when i had it done.
    I used to wear the clear retainer to work, its seriously less visible than a ball.
    It all depends on whether you're allowed the wear it at work.
    You really ask the piercer whats best.

ReputationRep:
    I used to wear a clear retainer to work.
    I have a 1.2 bar through mine (legnth 8mm - the legnth depends on the thickness of your skin though). The balls you can get for them can be little more than 1.5 if you find tiny ones

ReputationRep:
    No need to call her a smart arse really was there... top knob

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.