Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

lip piercing jewellery size Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What size is the lip piercing stick thing? Not the ball but the titanium length it screws onto. I want to change the ball size to something small than what the standard size is, so its not as noticeable at work.

ReputationRep:
    It's called a labret.

You need to buy a whole labret to replace the one you're wearing really.

The size you're wearing might be 10mm/8mm/6mm. This is referring to the length of the bar - you should know this yourself.

You could buy a see-through retainer for work, or see if there's anything on somewhere like this CLICK,that is small enough for you.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't you think to ask before you let the piercing studio?

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you know. I havnt had it pierced yet.
    Isnt it obvious that i would measure the labret bar myself, before wasting my time on here?
    And it would be silly to keep replacing the lip piercing to a retainer whilst im working, hence why i want a small bar, as its less painful i imagine to change the ball rather than the piercing bar itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tribalplanet333)
    Isnt it obvious that i would measure the labret bar myself, before wasting my time on here?
    And it would be silly to keep replacing the lip piercing to a retainer whilst im working, hence why i want a small bar, as its less painful i imagine to change the ball rather than the piercing bar itself.
    Alright smart arse, you'd be surprised.

ReputationRep:

Well enjoy finding it out yourself then. :rolleyes:

FYI you'll have to have what they give you for 2 weeks anyway so it doesn't close up on it.

Now tallyho toodle pip.

ReputationRep:
    i didnt mean that in a nasty way. I just cant find it any information ANYWHERE!!

ReputationRep:
    i didnt mean that in a nasty way. I just cant find it any information ANYWHERE!!
    so ask your piercer

ReputationRep:
    I've got 6mm. Then again, I've got a flower looking thing in mine soooooo

ReputationRep:
    You'd normally be pierced with a 1.6mm gauge labret stud. The ball may be anything from 3mm-5mm, but you can ask to have a 3mm ball *usually the smallest they come in for a 1.6 gauge* put on before you're pierced. If you're booking an appt, then tell them over the phone if there's any specific jewellery you'd like - they may be able to order it before you get there.

ReputationRep:
    You've got to keep the original one in for a couple of weeks cuz of swelling.
    It really didn't hurt changing the bar & ball when i had it done.
    I used to wear the clear retainer to work, its seriously less visible than a ball.
    It all depends on whether you're allowed the wear it at work.
    You really ask the piercer whats best.

ReputationRep:
    I used to wear a clear retainer to work.
    I have a 1.2 bar through mine (legnth 8mm - the legnth depends on the thickness of your skin though). The balls you can get for them can be little more than 1.5 if you find tiny ones

ReputationRep:
    No need to call her a smart arse really was there... top knob

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.