Andrés Iniesta is overrated and needs a slap.

Watch
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 9 years ago
:facepalm:

People here have never watched Iniesta and they say he is overrated and dives. FFS.
Tucking Fypo
Badges: 3
Report 9 years ago
For the record, I wanted Spain to lose.

Anyway, I've been saying FOR YEARS.. that Iniesta is underrated if anything. It was always about Xavi, Torres or Villa at international level. And at Barca, Xavi always took all the plaudits. I hated Iniesta in the final, but 'overrated' is not the word I'd use for him. Only thing I'll say is it's a shame he had to score the winning goal in a WC final to earn the level of credit he's deserved for so long now.
darkred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by qasman)
OH NO SHE DI'INNNT!!!
UH-HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH!! !!!!!!!!
Red Lightning
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Got to hand it to him, hes probably the best midfielder in the world without a doubt. The champions league goal vs chelsea and the world cup final goals really grinded my gears.This is coming from both a holland and chelsea supporter
Colbert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The worrying thing is that some of the replies genuinely agree with the OP :teehee:

Such a disturbing lack of knowledge :facepalm2:
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by TuckingFypo™)
For the record, I wanted Spain to lose.

Anyway, I've been saying FOR YEARS.. that Iniesta is underrated if anything. It was always about Xavi, Torres or Villa at international level. And at Barca, Xavi always took all the plaudits. I hated Iniesta in the final, but 'overrated' is not the word I'd use for him. Only thing I'll say is it's a shame he had to score the winning goal in a WC final to earn the level of credit he's deserved for so long now.
I preferred your boner explanation re iniesta :fyi:
Tucking Fypo
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)
I preferred your boner explanation re iniesta :fyi:
Boner? :unsure:

:ninja:
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So many people on here clearly know alot about football.
CosmicB
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
^ Iniesta is still overrated. Torres was invisible and ineffective but it was Pedro's fault at times for being so damn selfish. I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen Torres with his hands in the air after Pedro failed to pass while he was free. It could have been 2-0. Still, he was crap.

(Original post by S-man10)
:facepalm:

People here have never watched Iniesta and they say he is overrated and dives. FFS.
In the final alone, Iniesta dived more than anyone else and that's a bloomin' feat considering that Robben was on the pitch. He dived more than three times and he didn't even get a single yellow card. Van der Wiel did though for some reason. In addition, he slapped Van Bommel to the ground. That should have been a red card straight away for retaliation as per the rules. Did he get one? Nope. Lovely refereeing by Webb and even lovelier acting from that cheating vampire. Oh no wait. He DID get a yellow card but only after taking his shirt off to celebrate a questionable goal.

Just have a look at your darling in action.

How's them apples?
Cities
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by TuckingFypo™)
Boner? :unsure:

:ninja:
I remember it, maybe because there's a chance I was nodding along in agreement to that post :shh:
mrluvaluva
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
poor troll
hash007
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by CosmicB)
^ Iniesta is still overrated. Torres was invisible and ineffective but it was Pedro's fault at times for being so damn selfish. I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen Torres with his hands in the air after Pedro failed to pass while he was free. It could have been 2-0. Still, he was crap.

In the final alone, Iniesta dived more than anyone else and that's a bloomin' feat considering that Robben was on the pitch. He dived more than three times and he didn't even get a single yellow card. Van der Wiel did though for some reason. In addition, he slapped Van Bommel to the ground. That should have been a red card straight away for retaliation as per the rules. Did he get one? Nope. Lovely refereeing by Webb and even lovelier acting from that cheating vampire. Oh no wait. He DID get a yellow card but only after taking his shirt off to celebrate a questionable goal.

How's them apples?
To be fair it looks like Van Bommel steps on Iniestas foot at that angle, then he proceeds to dive himself after the slightest of contact from Iniesta.
Tucking Fypo
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)
I remember it, maybe because there's a chance I was nodding along in agreement to that post :shh:
Ohhhh, you're referring to an older post. I got confused for a second or five. :holmes:

Yeah, I rate Iniesta really highly. It's just a shame he had to be the enemy in the final. :nopity:
Jackthevillain
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
He is just a cheat
CosmicB
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hash007)
To be fair it looks like Van Bommel steps on Iniestas foot at that angle, then he proceeds to dive himself after the slightest of contact from Iniesta.
Don't worry. I'm not defending Holland; I hate them too. But the video clearly shows Iniesta as a dirty little cheater which he is. Such a mockery.

The final would have been so much if the teams in the 3rd-place game were in the final. I'm sick of Spain and their 1-0 boring games. It is frustrating watching a thousand passes only to get a goal in the last 10 mins each time.
S-man10
Report 9 years ago

How's them apples?

I just love it when someone's team loses and then they go on to such great extents to complain and whine. Especially people with no knowledge of football. FFS.

As I recall, it was Van Bommel who started it.
hash007
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Don't worry. I'm not defending Holland; I hate them too. But the video clearly shows Iniesta as a dirty little cheater which he is. Such a mockery.

The final would have been so much if the teams in the 3rd-place game were in the final. I'm sick of Spain and their 1-0 boring games. It is frustrating watching a thousand passes only to get a goal in the last 10 mins each time.
It would have been more entertaining if Holland decided to play instead of just trample anyone in their way. On form Spain are one of the most enjoyable teams to watch football wise, similar to Arsenal and Barcelona.
CosmicB
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by S-man10)
I just love it when someone's team loses and then they go on to such great extents to complain and whine. Especially people with no knowledge of football. FFS.

As I recall, it was Van Bommel who started it.
Since when did I support Holland? It's amusing that you won't acknowledge Iniesta's actions but resort to making empty assumptions about unrelated points. Perhaps you're an ostrich. I'll also assume you didn't see Cristina Ronaldo scold Iniesta for diving. That was a sad day indeed.
S-man10
Report 9 years ago

All you have done so far, is shown your lack of footballing knowledge. Go on, make me laugh.
HumanNature1992
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Since when did I support Holland? It's amusing that you won't acknowledge Iniesta's actions but resort to making empty assumptions about unrelated points. Perhaps you're an ostrich. I'll also assume you didn't see Cristina Ronaldo scold Iniesta for diving. That was a sad day indeed.
Jim Halpert!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (44)
59.46%
No (30)
40.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed