Andrés Iniesta is overrated and needs a slap.

Watch
PapaShmurff
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Stop trollin' fool.
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hash007)
It would have been more entertaining if Holland decided to play instead of just trample anyone in their way. On form Spain are one of the most enjoyable teams to watch football wise, similar to Arsenal and Barcelona.

And with uber defense teams playing against Spain, it is no wonder that Spain win by a 1-0 scoreline.
The Great Ali
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by HumanNature1992)
Jim Halpert!
love the sig
CosmicB
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hash007)
It would have been more entertaining if Holland decided to play instead of just trample anyone in their way. On form Spain are one of the most enjoyable teams to watch football wise, similar to Arsenal and Barcelona.
I think you'll find it was dirty play from both sides. 14 yellow cards if I remember correctly. I agree with the basic premise though. Teams need to stop coming into games against Spain (and sides that play like Spain) with the mentality that they can't win by playing their own game and therefore have to resort to playing them on the counter.
Anyway, what's so entertaining about four consecutive 1-0 wins? Granted, I don't expect goalfests each time but the only time the scoreboard was higher than 1 was when Spain lost 2-0 to Switzerland.

I still believe a German-Uruguayan final would have been better. The messed up part is that Germany was good enough to win this. Despite some of the inexperience and Spain's great ability to maintain possession, they had it in them. They were playing the best football at this tournament imo but when it mattered most they didn't show the same attitude they had in most previous games. It shows when Spain had 70% possesion at one point. There was no sense of trying to go into the game with no fear - they were scared and it showed, and it's a shame because I thought they were great this WC.

Maybe next time. In the meantime, TO HELL WITH SPAIN. :rolleyes:
maclc001
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
He's been underrated throughout his whole career, and now that he is finally getting the acclaim he deserves you call him overrated? Perhaps the attention is a little OTT, but he was still one of the best players at this world cup!
CosmicB
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by S-man10)
All you have done so far, is shown your lack of footballing knowledge. Go on, make me laugh.
We can trade jokes once you admit Iniesta is a diver and a poor one at that.

(Original post by HumanNature1992)
Jim Halpert!
Dado Prso
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
have we seen a source for these stats yet? there is no chance his pass completion was 46% across the whole tournament.

One of the best centre midfielders in the world for sure, easily in the top 5 best centre mids i would say.
jo62
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Iniesta is class and you're a knob who needs a slap.
Danh13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
He is a very, very good player. Him and Xavi in the centre of the park together are second to none, they play football how it should be played. Compared to a player like Gerrard who likes to play cross-field Hollywood passes which 75% of the time end up with us losing possession.

He is easily one of the best midfielders in the world, classes ahead of any of the England players.
HumanNature1992
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by The Great Ali)
love the sig
hah thanks:cool:
S-man10
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by CosmicB)
I think you'll find it was dirty play from both sides. 14 yellow cards if I remember correctly. I agree with the basic premise though. Teams need to stop coming into games against Spain (and sides that play like Spain) with the mentality that they can't win by playing their own game and therefore have to resort to playing them on the counter.
Dirty play from both sides and you say? Spain entered the final having only collected 2 yellow cards in the whole tournament. Lowest of any team. But because of dirty play from Holland, Spain got involved because they had to protect themselves and not get pushed around.

Anyway, what's so entertaining about four consecutive 1-0 wins?
Ironic that this comes from someone who probably hates Spain.

I still believe a German-Uruguayan final would have been better. The messed up part is that Germany was good enough to win this. Despite some of the inexperience and Spain's great ability to maintain possession, they had it in them. They were playing the best football at this tournament imo but when it mattered most they didn't show the same attitude they had in most previous games. It shows when Spain had 70% possesion at one point. There was no sense of trying to go into the game with no fear - they were scared and it showed, and it's a shame because I thought they were great this WC.

Look at the facts. Teams who win advance. Basing arguments on opinions, on a subject like football is stupid. Thinking a Uruguay-Germany final would be great isn't a given. Germany play great no doubt. But no Team in there right minds would try to play 'their own game' against a team like Spain.

Granted, I don't expect goalfests each time but the only time the scoreboard was higher than 1 was when Spain lost 2-0 to Switzerland.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This clearly shows your lack of knowledge. I would go sexist but I think you embarrassed yourself enough. You probably one of the many people in this thread who only watched the WC final. Watch some of Barcelona's games and some more of the National side before you comment on football and being overrated.
scotttb
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Red Lightning)
hes probably the best midfielder in the world without a doubt.
its possible that this might definetly be completely true to some extent
doggyfizzel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
In the final alone, Iniesta dived more than anyone else and that's a bloomin' feat considering that Robben was on the pitch. He dived more than three times and he didn't even get a single yellow card. Van der Wiel did though for some reason. In addition, he slapped Van Bommel to the ground. That should have been a red card straight away for retaliation as per the rules. Did he get one? Nope. Lovely refereeing by Webb and even lovelier acting from that cheating vampire. Oh no wait. He DID get a yellow card but only after taking his shirt off to celebrate a questionable goal.

Just have a look at your darling in action.

How's them apples?
Iniesta went down more than anyone else, he didn't dive, he just made no effort to stay on his feet when fouled, there is a difference. The video is just a reaction to Van Bommel's constant fouling through out the whole tournament! If Webb should have made anymore decisions sending of Van Bommel and De Jong would have been way above booking Iniesta. Also how was the goal questionable?
KingMessi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Anyway, what's so entertaining about four consecutive 1-0 wins? Granted, I don't expect goalfests each time but the only time the scoreboard was higher than 1 was when Spain lost 2-0 to Switzerland.

Spain lost 1-0 to Switzerland. And Iniesta is quality. Forget the WC stats, they won't have flattered Drogba, Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, Lampard or Torres, but who cares? They're still the best in the game.
scotttb
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
^ Iniesta is still overrated. Torres was invisible and ineffective but it was Pedro's fault at times for being so damn selfish. I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen Torres with his hands in the air after Pedro failed to pass while he was free. It could have been 2-0. Still, he was crap .etc
pedro when he started played extremely well and very rarely lost the ball.
iniesta didnt dave anywhere near as much as about 4 dutch players
slapped van bommel to the ground lmao there was very little contact there - not to mention van bomel shouldnt have been on the pitch at that time anyway
that was not a dive, he got sanwiched by two people, one pushed him the other stuck his leg in him

are you really suggesting that spain were anywhere near as dirty as holland? alot of the times he booked spain it was a bit harsh and most of the time he let holland off when they should have been booked/sent off.

lol at Germany playing the best football, whats so good about defending until you get the ball and then counter-attacking. As soon as they came up against a team that could defend they got dominated.

the switzerland score was 1-0 love, not 2-0 :rolleyes:
scotttb
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Dado Prso)
have we seen a source for these stats yet? there is no chance his pass completion was 46% across the whole tournament.

One of the best centre midfielders in the world for sure, easily in the top 5 best centre mids i would say.
hes a winger
S-man10
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by scotttb)
hes a winger

Not primarily. He is more of a left sided midfielder. And plays as a central midfielder or a AM. He isn't one of those typical 'wingers'.
Dorito
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Xavi and Iniesta are both grossly overrated.

Dive like a pair of beavers too.
hash007
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Erm, not really Spain hardly give away a lot of fouls....only 2 yellow cards before the final I think. Anywat I'm not surprised they gave away fouls in the Holland match, would you keep on letting players constantly foul you without standing up for yourself?

In each of the four games the teams played extra defensively trying to hit Spain on the break. Hence if you read my earlier post, it is not entertaining to watch unless the teams had played normally and not with the intent just to defend.
Btw, did you even watch the games :confused: Spain won 2-0 against Honduras and 2-1 against Chile.
Dado Prso
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by scotttb)
hes a winger
er yeah. he's not.

definetely a central midfielder even if he's sometimes played on the left hand side for spain/barcelona.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (341)
34.8%
No (639)
65.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed