This discussion is closed.
Michael Beaver
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Killroy has been brave enough to express his opinions on a subject that is very sensitive. He has seen something that upset him, the joy people got from September 11th and the way women and criminals are treated in these countries, and he has made a point of saying how he finds this type of thing offensive.
The problem is that he said all arabs thought this way and obviously some, in fact a lot, dont. But, women do get treated in a different way to men in most asian countries and a lot of countries do have harsh laws and punishments and we did see average people in the street celebrating these terrorist acts - he wasn't making these things up.

Does this necesarily mean that Killroy is therefore the type of person who will discriminate against another individual, in daily life, just because of their race? I dont think that it does. On a personal basis I would expect that Killroy would treat an asian person or a black person just as he would treat a person from his own race, whatever that is!

Anyway, I'm glad his show has been taken off the air. I cant stand seeing unemployed losers off council estates argueing the toss first thing in the mourning and think we are better of without it.
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Why does this post need a new thread?
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
(Original post by kildare)
Why does this post need a new thread?
Because I am asking a different question. I am asking whether you think Killroy is racist because of his views. Whether you think because of what he wrote in his column shows that he will discrminate on the grounds of race. I am not asking if you agree with him.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
anyway its not whether kilroy is racist or not is the issue. its the fact that he incited racial hatred towards arabs with his comments....taht is a CRIMINAL offence in this country....its not about being brave and expressing opinions! if someone was "brave" enough to express the opinion that all british people were stupid and had contributed nothing to the world etc etc in the same manner kilroy had done we would be outraged
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
He is racist to a point.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Why do we have to have 2 threads on exactly the same thing? The original thread has already branched off to discuss this.
http://www.uk-learning.net/t21491.html
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think I've already aired my opinion as to his comments. I don't think he should be prosecuted for his opinions though.
a_musical_guy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Michael Beaver)
the joy people got from September 11th and the way women and criminals are treated.
Women should always be treated respectfully, just like other men. But criminals? 'Fraid they deserve what they get.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_guy)
But criminals? 'Fraid they deserve what they get.
What £40 per week? Gym? Internet connection? Lessons? Free food?
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tina)
anyway its not whether kilroy is racist or not is the issue. its the fact that he incited racial hatred towards arabs with his comments....taht is a CRIMINAL offence in this country....its not about being brave and expressing opinions! if someone was "brave" enough to express the opinion that all british people were stupid and had contributed nothing to the world etc etc in the same manner kilroy had done we would be outraged
It is brave because saying the British were stupid wouldn't produce this reaction. It is because its a sensitive subject that if you say anything negative about somebody of a different race, especially an asian and especially about something to do with their culture, you are branded a racist who discriminates against people because of their race.
There are things I dont like about the British and I can freely discuss what these things are. However I daren't say anything about another culture because people will think I am racist. I dont discriminate on the grounds of race but that doesn't mean I like all aspects of other people's cultures.
What's Chico Time Precious?
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i dont like Killroy and his comments make me dislike him even more.

on his show when a guest is pouring their heart out on a really sensitive subject, its as if he really doesnt care and comes across as patronising and smarmy - ********.

apprently his statement was written in April and was leaked by mistake :confused:
vaginadischarge
Report 16 years ago
Killroy has been brave enough to express his opinions on a subject that is very sensitive. He has seen something that upset him, the joy people got from September 11th and the way women and criminals are treated in these countries, and he has made a point of saying how he finds this type of thing offensive.
The problem is that he said all arabs thought this way and obviously some, in fact a lot, dont. But, women do get treated in a different way to men in most asian countries and a lot of countries do have harsh laws and punishments and we did see average people in the street celebrating these terrorist acts - he wasn't making these things up.

Does this necesarily mean that Killroy is therefore the type of person who will discriminate against another individual, in daily life, just because of their race? I dont think that it does. On a personal basis I would expect that Killroy would treat an asian person or a black person just as he would treat a person from his own race, whatever that is!

Anyway, I'm glad his show has been taken off the air. I cant stand seeing unemployed losers off council estates argueing the toss first thing in the mourning and think we are better of without it.

Kilroy rules man! I'm glad someone spoke out aganist the islamic terrorists at least he's honest! I didn't hear about this, what his show has been taken off air for a comment he made?

By the way mate its morning, not mourning (that is something you do at a funeral), morning.

But when you say unemployed/council estates you are being prejudiced too. Some people are unemployed because they simply can't find work and some people live on council estates because they aren't as privilaged as others. Should you paint them all with the same brush? Many are just normal people trying to get through life like everyone else. You shouldn't stereotype people by their circumstances. What is your political persuasion? Tory right?!
a_musical_guy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
What £40 per week? Gym? Internet connection? Lessons? Free food?
Yeah but they're constantly patronised like little kids.

Guard: Lord Archer, you've been a good boy, you can go out this weekend
Lord: thank you Guard
Prisoner: f*** you guard
Guard: As for you, you can stay in your cell and go without dinner
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
(Original post by vaginadischarge)
Should you paint them all with the same brush?
Indeed
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_guy)
Yeah but they're constantly patronised like little kids.

Guard: Lord Archer, you've been a good boy, you can go out this weekend
Lord: thank you Guard
Prisoner: f*** you guard
Guard: As for you, you can stay in your cell and go without dinner
I would just like that. Get your lessons in prisons, free fodd, free housing, get free education etc.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It is brave because saying the British were stupid wouldn't produce this reaction. It is because its a sensitive subject that if you say anything negative about somebody of a different race, especially an asian and especially about something to do with their culture, you are branded a racist who discriminates against people because of their race.
There are things I dont like about the British and I can freely discuss what these things are. However I daren't say anything about another culture because people will think I am racist. I dont discriminate on the grounds of race but that doesn't mean I like all aspects of other people's cultures.
thats fine,....youre obviously not racist and we're nto supposed to love everything about everyones culture. but the point is kilroy did not attack a culture...he suggested arabs were useless and had given nothing to the world....does he not know a lot of science esp medicine came from the arab regions???!!! obviously not as good at history as he is at inciting racial hatred! kilroy didnt just say i dont like the way arab culture........... but he claimed all arabs were celebrating after 9/11 and made some disgusting comments which are clearly untrue
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2776)
I would just like that. Get your lessons in prisons, free fodd, free housing, get free education etc.
Oh right, so better idea is to just kill someone because they stole a few cars... Ofcourse criminals aren't real people and they dont have family and they dont have a nice side to them and they dont have this, that and the other that everyone else has...

They are in prison to become reformed.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh right, so better idea is to just kill someone because they stole a few cars... Ofcourse criminals aren't real people and they dont have family and they dont have a nice side to them and they dont have this, that and the other that everyone else has...
But surely not this type of luxery!!! They should reflect on their sins not spend their time diverting themselcves on other activities.
a_musical_guy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They are in prison to become reformed.
So they say
vaginadischarge
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)

Get raped by the other prisoners in the showers and beaten to a pulp by the 'daddy' or murdered? Fearing your life? Even getting beaten regularly by the 'screws'? Like that? You are talking bull. I'm not particularly taking the side of criminals here, just pointing out that you are talking nonsence mate.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (2)
28.57%
Yes- I don't like it (1)
14.29%
No- I want it (3)
42.86%
No- I don't want it (1)
14.29%

Watched Threads