This discussion is closed.
SasunD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
That's a pretty sweeping statement to make... What evidence have you go to back you up? And also, what exactly do you mean by "against"?
i put 'seem' as some people act like they are pro Bin Laden as they are scared to say anything else, and some people are militant and don't need the goverment to influence them.

50% is like a statament that will not offend people as it is half and half, i don't know the facts as i said above, but thats what i saw on the tv and artciles and stuff.

the women are suppressed so most will appear to support Bin Laden and people for his cause, children don't count as they can be swept up in the moment as it might seem fun to them.

and i think that the male natural instinct to fight accounts for the average 50%.

but as i said i havn't read the facts and was asking for some links to articles...
Sasha D
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
What £40 per week? Gym? Internet connection? Lessons? Free food?
Criminals are almost rewarded....they probably have more options in jail than in the outside world
SasunD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
http://www.express.co.uk/story.html?...37828821923037

a link to a statement from Kilroy from the Express
dazmanultra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SasunD)
50% is like a statament that will not offend people as it is half and half, i don't know the facts as i said above, but thats what i saw on the tv and artciles and stuff.
What if I said something like 50% of all black people are criminals? That would clearly be offensive, and would also clearly be wrong.

You can't make sweeping statements like that, especially when you have zero emperical evidence to support your argument.

Kilroy has made racist comments; fact.
Sasha D
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by dazmanultra)
What if I said something like 50% of all black people are criminals? That would clearly be offensive, and would also clearly be wrong.

You can't make sweeping statements like that, especially when you have zero emperical evidence to support your argument.

I agree, but @ the end of the day Kilroy is orange.
Kilroy Silk
Report 16 years ago
KILROY SILK IS RACIST BUT IS GAY, I BET HE DOESN'T LIKE PEOPLE BEING HOMOPHOBIC TO HIM BUT HE IS RACIST TO COLOUREDS. HE SHOULD TRY TO SEE IT FROM THEIR PROSPECTIVE, IF HOMOPHOBIA HURTS KILROY SILK THEN HOW DO THE COLOUREDS FEEL ABOUT HIS RACISM? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
sue123
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sasha D)
I agree, but @ the end of the day Kilroy is orange.
hahahaha, it's so true
SasunD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by dazmanultra)

what then am i supposed to say.

there were lots and lot of people in the streets celebrating. and i kept on seeing this stuff on tv on al jazeera.

i put it around 50%, but if you can prove to me otherwise please, do, and as i said 'seem to' because you don'' really know if it is their opinion or not
sue123
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kilroy Silk)
KILROY SILK IS RACIST BUT IS GAY, I BET HE DOESN'T LIKE PEOPLE BEING HOMOPHOBIC TO HIM BUT HE IS RACIST TO COLOUREDS. HE SHOULD TRY TO SEE IT FROM THEIR PROSPECTIVE, IF HOMOPHOBIA HURTS KILROY SILK THEN HOW DO THE COLOUREDS FEEL ABOUT HIS RACISM? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
By coloured do u mean BLACK?! i'm black, or afro caribbean to be politically correct and i find it totally racist to be called coloured!
Sasha D
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I agree there, i'm also black and being labelled...'coloured' is offensive. I'm not red or blue i'm black. Just as alot of people are white, you dont call white peoiple coloured do you? I'm offended.

Maybe you should stop trying to be funny and think about what you're putting!
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Honey that post was meant to be offensive, dont react its just some troll!
Sasha D
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
I know but arrogant people are so damn annoying
SasunD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I agree there, i'm also black and being labelled...'coloured' is offensive. I'm not red or blue i'm black. Just as alot of people are white, you dont call white peoiple coloured do you? I'm offended.

Maybe you should stop trying to ne funny and think about what you're putting!
but then some people, like me don't know if black people like being called black, but i see why being called coloured is offensive.....
Kilroy Silk
Report 16 years ago
Sorry if I offended none intended. But I think you will find that coloured is a generic term for any races other than white, I think. The British empire used to call mixed race people coloureds and it isnt offensuve why is it? I'm not white i'm a lighter tone of skin pigment but not white, but I dont find it offensive being called white? My grandad always says coloureds, he lives in an area with many asian communitys, and thats the term everyone uses there. Bradford.
Sasha D
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SasunD)
but then some people, like me don't know if black people like being called black, but i see why being called coloured is offensive.....
NO i get you with the whole not knowing if black people mind being called black but coloured!!!!
The whole black thing, that's probably a result of all the racism that used to go on...ppl are paranoid about being offensive.....unless they actually are like that Kilroy Silk guy!

u No what though, i've noticed (and this was mostly in school) that if a white kid said something racist they got hit by a tonne of bricks....butblack and asian kids could say what they wanted....and people wouldnt accept that that was racist too.
Kilroy Silk
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
Sweet heart I wasnt being offensive my family says coloureds it isnt racist or politically incorrect. None of my family are racist my grandads sister is marrioed to an asian man for gods sake and many of his friends are coloured. So how can I be racist? It is a word whats wrong with it? Alright I find white offensive because i'm not white, Im not the colour of chalk am I so it offwensive. All it is is melanin pigment anyway so race means nothing really. I dont even knolw why racism exists.
Kilroy Silk
Report 16 years ago
u No what though, i've noticed (and this was mostly in school) that if a white kid said something racist they got hit by a tonne of bricks....butblack and asian kids could say what they wanted....and people wouldnt accept that that was racist too.
I know that is rdiculous.
Sasha D
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sorry if I offended none intended. But I think you will find that coloured is a generic term for any races other than white, I think. The British empire used to call mixed race people coloureds and it isnt offensuve why is it? I'm not white i'm a lighter tone of skin pigment but not white, but I dont find it offensive being called white? My grandad always says coloureds, he lives in an area with many asian communitys, and thats the term everyone uses there. Bradford.
maybe it's accepted there, but that was my point, many black communities find being called coloured offensive, it imples the colours of the rainbow or something! 4Get it anyway, if ya didnt mean it then i'm not gonna keep ranting like some crazed idiot
Sasha D
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sweet heart I wasnt being offensive my family says coloureds it isnt racist or politically correct. None of my family are racist my grandads sister is marrioed to an asian man for gods sake and many of his friends are coloured. So how can I be racist? It is a word whats wrong with it? Alright I find white offensive because i'm not white, Im not the colour of chalk am I so it offwensive. All it is is melanin pigment anyway so race means nothing really. I dont even knolw why racism exists.
I don't know why racism exoists either but it does, among some people, i'm sorry if i overreacted to your post before but where i come from it's just not accepted. The reason i called white people white is because i have heard m,any many white people call themselves white. How many black people have YOU heard say..."i'm coloured"
SasunD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i will change my figure to about to nothing as i found a generalised number for the whole population of muslims being about 200 million around the world. But i did see how many people were celebrtating that day, and saw the atmosphere that was there.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (242)
61.89%
Yes- I don't like it (18)
4.6%
No- I want it (105)
26.85%
No- I don't want it (26)
6.65%

Watched Threads