This discussion is closed.
Kilroy Silk
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sasha D)
I don't know why racism exoists either but it does, among some people, i'm sorry if i overreacted to your post before but where i come from it's just not accepted. The reason i called white people white is because i have heard m,any many white people call themselves white. How many black people have YOU heard say..."i'm coloured"

Fair enough no offensive itnended and i was joking around a bit anyway. But coloured did use to be the politically correct term to use my grandad still uses like alot of people in his generation. It strange how it changes from what is PC to what isn't.
hattori
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by dazmanultra)
What if I said something like 50% of all black people are criminals? That would clearly be offensive, and would also clearly be wrong.

You can't make sweeping statements like that, especially when you have zero emperical evidence to support your argument.

Kilroy has made racist comments; fact.

Well the british are xenophobic, we get pissed out of our minds to have fun, the women here are loose. The americans are thick, rednecks, their mums are their cousins. The french are cheese-eating surrender monkeys. Orientals murder dogs for food. We hate the germans.
These are examples of comments that I've seen in all types of media and some of those are much more racist than what kilroy said!

If there was an equivalent for the Muslim Council of Britain for each of the people who were offended to the comments I just quoted I think just about every journalist would have to find another job.

I would like to also point out that there was no public outcry to what he wrote until the Muslim Council of Britain decided to complain to the BBC. There were no posts in this forum about the kilroy's opinion until the story broke about the Muslim Councils complaint. There weren't mail bags full of complaints from muslims, there were no riots to get rid of people of arab origin out of our communities.

Saying kilroy should be sacked is the most overblown, ' i'm sorry im white and western', load of crap in I've everheard.
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
"Well the british are xenophobic, we get pissed out of our minds to have fun, the women here are loose. The americans are thick, rednecks, their mums are their cousins. The french are cheese-eating surrender monkeys. Orientals murder dogs for food. We hate the germans"

Errr......source?
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
"Well the british are xenophobic, we get pissed out of our minds to have fun, the women here are loose. The americans are thick, rednecks, their mums are their cousins. The french are cheese-eating surrender monkeys. Orientals murder dogs for food. We hate the germans"

Errr......source?
dont be so naiive.
SasunD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the thing is, i havn't been able to find the original article he wrote in april and ahvn't found the one printed recently, but as he said himslef, they were taken out of context.

here is the thing though, and i may be wrong at this, but i didn't see masses of arabs/muslims saying that they were totally against Osama and Sadam.

See what they do is, they think that all americans are stupid, that they all hold george dubyas views and that all of them should be killed.

don't you think that is a generalisation....
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
dont be so naiive.
Asking for source is "naiive"? Right.
hattori
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Errr......source?
source?? It would take all day to write it out, I'd have to say the source is British media. Are you honestly saying you've never seen such comments?
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hattori)
source?? It would take all day to write it out, I'd have to say the source is British media. Are you honestly saying you've never seen such comments?
Just show me the source where you got that exact quote from and I'll believe you. It's not really that difficult.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It is quite funny though, you've got to admit that.
SasunD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hey man don't be rude to kildare, how come for some things you ask for facts and some things you don't. He is right to ask for the source, otherwise we could all make up gibberish or exaggerate things.
SasunD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
"Apart from oil - which was discovered, is produced and is paid for by the west - what do they contribute? Can you think of anything? Anything really useful? Anything really valuable? Something we really need, could not do without? No, nor can I.

notice how the people against kilroy neglect the fact that he uses the present tense not the past. He doesn't say what 'have' they contributed, but what do thay contribute. clearly a difference.

just because you do something nice for someone, somthing that they cannot live without now, doesn't mean that you can do whatever like.
not a very goo comparison but gives the point.
hattori
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SasunD)
hey man don't be rude to kildare, how come for some things you ask for facts and some things you don't. He is right to ask for the source, otherwise we could all make up gibberish or exaggerate things.
Well I think he is being a just a bit awkward, when I used the quote feature in this forum I didn't mean it in the literal sense only but to display the fact that this is not what I say or think. The fact is if you read the papers, watch tv, listen to the radio all that kind of stuff comes up.
Sasha D
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SasunD)
yes...just the other day i read that baked potatoes will be handed out to any1 who walks past a McDonalds....with a topping of your choice.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well I think he is being a just a bit awkward, when I used the quote feature in this forum I didn't mean it in the literal sense only but to display the fact that this is not what I say or think. The fact is if you read the papers, watch tv, listen to the radio all that kind of stuff comes up.
I think asking someone to justify their statements with some semblence of evidence isn't exaclty unreasonable. I'm sorry that you find it awkward though.
Sasha D
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think asking someone to justify their statements with some semblence of evidence isn't exaclty unreasonable. I'm sorry that you find it awkward though.
I think that evidence SHOULD be given such as a link to an article etc. but i think you have 2 judge each case on its merits! i mean, this is a national affair, surely you are aware that such comments are being held and made without a quote in this case.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I must admit to not being aware of the fact that it was common practice for the media to suggest that American's mothers were their cousins.
Sasha D
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I must admit to not being aware of the fact that it was common practice for the media to suggest that American's mothers were their cousins.
lol
hattori
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well I have it happens, its the hillbilly/utah mormon american sterotype and they don't like it. Do you admit to being aware to everything else?
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well I have it happens, its the hillbilly/utah mormon american sterotype and they don't like it. Do you admit to being aware to everything else?
It wouldn't suprise me if somebody had made each of those assertions. None of them are universally accepted by the media, though.
SasunD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
did anybody find the full article that Kilroy wrote, kos sure as hell i didn't, and thats because "The Express"'s website is very sheit.
It doesn't have any navigation, no archives to search through, nothing, except from write to the editor and a couple of adverts and tell us your story and breaking stories, and that is it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (148)
60.66%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.51%
No- I want it (68)
27.87%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.97%

Watched Threads