Turn on thread page Beta

Weatherspoons watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    i didnt like him at the time because i couldnt really see the good he was doing. plus on office hours, he was screwing his secratary which could have made him subject to bribes. i dont really like bush for his economic plans.....

and i dont read the newspaper. and whats important in europe doesnt make that much of a difference here!

big cars are in here. i want a 4 seater jeep pink convertable! that is SUCH an awesome car!
    the americans should be aware of what the europeans are talking about you- although maybe you can be forgiven, its not very good!

and its called football!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    the americans should be aware of what the europeans are talking about you- although maybe you can be forgiven, its not very good!

and its called football!
    soccer soccer soccer!

one of my best mates found out today that london was in england.... she thought it was in france!

ReputationRep:
    soccer soccer soccer!

one of my best mates found out today that london was in england.... she thought it was in france!
    football football football!

where did she get the idea that London is in france?

ReputationRep:
    soccer soccer soccer!

its football, we had the name 1st and we invented it.

to be honest im shocked that ure friend thought that.

did you know 60%of students once they have left high school dont know where america is on the map?

65% of graduating college students dont know where iraq is either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    its football, we had the name 1st and we invented it.

to be honest im shocked that ure friend thought that.

did you know 60%of students once they have left high school dont know where america is on the map?

65% of graduating college students dont know where iraq is either
    of american students? thats ridiculous, and to be truthful i think irap is by pakistan, looks kinda like a squirrel? but im not sure! right now in world geography were doing europe to many countries! not enough room on the map! no itty country like bosnia has the right to name themselves bosnia hertzgovinia! or luxembourg.......

ReputationRep:
    of american students? thats ridiculous, and to be truthful i think irap is by pakistan, looks kinda like a squirrel? but im not sure! right now in world geography were doing europe to many countries! not enough room on the map! no itty country like bosnia has the right to name themselves bosnia hertzgovinia! or luxembourg.......
    ummm... bosnia isnt in europe,

yes true, many countries, but they have a basic understanding of each other and manage to co-exist along side one another. Unfortuantly, mr blair it seems would rather be with the americans

What are they teaching you about europe?

its football football football!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    yes it is :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)

yes true, many countries, but they have a basic understanding of each other and manage to co-exist along side one another. Unfortuantly, mr blair it seems would rather be with the americans

What are they teaching you about europe?
    yes it is! its on the european continent! we havent learned anything but how to draw maps so far.......eventually, we will learn about economic activities, foods, cultures ect. world geography is fun! i actually got a 100 on the countries of the world test! (you have to know where every country is......)

ReputationRep:
    yes it is! its on the european continent! we havent learned anything but how to draw maps so far.......eventually, we will learn about economic activities, foods, cultures ect. world geography is fun! i actually got a 100 on the countries of the world test! (you have to know where every country is......)
    im sorry, i stupidly assumed you were talking about the EU.

i doubt anyone could tell you every country of the world! there are over 200 are there not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)

i doubt anyone could tell you every country of the world! there are over 200 are there not?
    yes 210. and i could, for about one day there! had to cram all night!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)

Number of countries in the world < 200.

ReputationRep:
    make my knowledge more like 4 hours long......

ReputationRep:
    You are no doubt including territories and colonies that are governed by other countries.

ReputationRep:
    make my knowledge more like 4 hours long......
    what do they teach you about the eu?

ReputationRep:
    The related threads at the bottom of the page are very funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    what do they teach you about the eu?
    havent learned about it yet.....this was just the countries names! we dont learn much of anything in that class except how to argue about our answers......i LOVE that class

ah the EU i was discussing with miss luddeke one day and she brought up a very interesting point, the us's first constitution was much like the us today. anouther troubling thought, the EU has 50% more people than america does.......*more doves than we can even imagine*

ReputationRep:
    havent learned about it yet.....this was just the countries names! we dont learn much of anything in that class except how to argue about our answers......i LOVE that class

ah the EU i was discussing with miss luddeke one day and she brought up a very interesting point, the us's first constitution was much like the us today. anouther troubling thought, the EU has 50% more people than america does.......*more doves than we can even imagine*
    really? im not sure, the population of the eu is going to get much bigger soon, at the mo. i think thrers only 15 counties and they are bringing in more european countries (7 more??)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    really? im not sure, the population of the eu is going to get much bigger soon, at the mo. i think thrers only 15 counties and they are bringing in more european countries (7 more??)
    yes. america has around ___ million, EU has 350 million. i personally dont like the idea of a EU, it seems like its the frances and germany's way (they seem to be the main pushers) of having more control over europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    The Nice Treaty proposes the new membership of 10 (predominantly Eastern European) states.

ReputationRep:
    yes. america has around ___ million, EU has 350 million. i personally dont like the idea of a EU, it seems like its the frances and germany's way (they seem to be the main pushers) of having more control over europe.
    you have 280, we have as much 'pushing as those 2' but tony has screwed it up over iraq'

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.