This discussion is closed.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
Weatherspoons ...

Great food, excellent size portions and not overly expensive.

Drinks, pretty damn cheap, HOWEVER:

They don't make up Snakebites :mad:

They don't stock Jack Daniels :eek:

They don't stock Southern Comfort. :mad:
or Strongbow (or Scrumpy Jack)
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
not a huge wetherspoons fan- the one in my town is so boring- yeah it's cheap, but it's hardly expensive anywhere in my area. i can't cope with there being no music, i'd much rather go to Yate's (cute bar guy there) or O'neils (Girant jenga- woohoo, but damn they realised i'm only 17 and now i'm not even allowed in the door).

lou xxx
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Weatherspoons ...

Mind you i've only found one place in Norwich (other than the student union) that make snakebites - none of the other pubs do it...
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
of american students? thats ridiculous, and to be truthful i think irap is by pakistan, looks kinda like a squirrel? but im not sure! right now in world geography were doing europe to many countries! not enough room on the map! no itty country like bosnia has the right to name themselves bosnia hertzgovinia! or luxembourg.......
Iraq and Pakistan have a little country called Iran between them :rolleyes:
Given US Foreign policy with regards to Iran perhaps you should be aware of where they are better.

I have to admit I can't usually get above mid forties when trying to remember the states of the US. Though I don't think American's would do better on the counties of England or regions of Scotland/Northern Ireland/Wales.

As for the economic strength of countries, it seems a gross simplification to just use totals. Surely to get a fair picture you need to take into account relative wealth, accumulated wealth, import/export etc too.
I would have put the UK between Germany and France, though that's just instinct. Historically we've had large influence in the EU and Europe because of our Empire days, of course.

Alaric.
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
forgot to say, the only thing going for weatherspoon's is the price!

Alaric.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Weatherspoons ...

Great food, excellent size portions and not overly expensive.

Drinks, pretty damn cheap, HOWEVER:

They don't stock Jack Daniels :eek:

They don't stock Southern Comfort. :mad:
snakebites.... how can you drink that vile stuff?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
You need to look at GDP per capita to work that out.
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/.../2004rank.html

Overall GDP rankings here (looks the same as the rankings listed further up the thread but not referenced): http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/.../2001rank.html

Got to love that CIA world factbook

Oh and I really like weatherspoons except went in the one in Poole town centre this afternoon with hubby and the in-laws and the coffee machine was broken - every time I've been in in the last 6 MONTHS(!!!!) they said it was broken :mad:
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
can you trust the cia to be unbiased? im not sure....
emma_
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'd never eat there! But there's a nice Lloyds (owned by wetherspoons) which I go to (in fact going there tonight). At the min theres a superb deal, £1.99 for a double shot and mixer bring it on
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by emma_)
I'd never eat there! But there's a nice Lloyds (owned by wetherspoons) which I go to (in fact going there tonight). At the min theres a superb deal, £1.99 for a double shot and mixer bring it on
my favs are

2.99 burger and beer
1.99 doublevodbull
99p bud
emma_
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
my favs are

2.99 burger and beer
1.99 doublevodbull
99p bud

oooo I havnt had a vodka redbull for sooo long, i'll have one tonight
picju96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I was with a group of people last term in the Leamington Whetherspoons and we nearly got chucked out because we started singing songs and carols. When someone started attempting to play the recorder they called the manager. All because they don't have an entertainments licence. Quite funny they considered our singing entertainment though!! It was ok to drink beer out of the recorder though.
emma_
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by picju96)
It was ok to drink beer out of the recorder though.
hahahahaha
MurphysMoment.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
We are future tax payers we deserve beer money until we graduate! God knows we will be paying more tax than the loosers making a career out of serving burgers.

All my loan goes on my accommodation.
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emma_)
oooo I havnt had a vodka redbull for sooo long, i'll have one tonight
that's my real reason for hating wetherspoons. my stomach really doesn't like double vodbulls and i was so incredibly ill. i only drank them cos i had no money and the guy who i was with bought them.... urghhh they are evil and satanic + i don't care how cheap they are!

lou xxx
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
that's my real reason for hating wetherspoons. my stomach really doesn't like double vodbulls and i was so incredibly ill. i only drank them cos i had no money and the guy who i was with bought them.... urghhh they are evil and satanic + i don't care how cheap they are!

lou xxx
and i had 4 last night and i kept me awake!
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Chicken)
Mind you i've only found one place in Norwich (other than the student union) that make snakebites - none of the other pubs do it...
The Scream Bars won't do them either.

The SU venues in Sheffield promote them at cheap prices, something like £1.11 I think.

(Original post by elpaw)
snakebites.... how can you drink that vile stuff?
If you have dry cider it don't taste too nice; sweet cider with it on the other hand does go quite well.

I don't just have the Snakebite though, has to be Snakebite Blackcurrent otherwise it would be terrible !
Albion
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm an ex-employee of wetherspoons, just been sacked over the christmas hols.

Whoever said the food portions were generous, I don't know if you realise how sparing they actually are!
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What exactly is a snakebite.....I've never heard of them?
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *Riz*)
What exactly is a snakebite.....I've never heard of them?
Lager and Cider (sometimes with blackcurrant juice).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads