The Student Room Group

My College's very "interesting" pen-pal programme

We have been asked to have pen-pals in France, but instead of doing it through the normal barriers of a long term relationship with a school in france, we were given a web address (which I can't remember now) to put an advert up askin for french speaking pen-pals to contact us.
Now check out the e-mail I just received....

E-mail: ********@hotmail.com
Year of birth: 1972
Details: hi,DANI
I'll be pleased to have you as a penpal...Vue la diversité des langues dans lesquelles tu t'exprimes ,I think that you 're intelligent...I'm aphysics teacher in my country since october 1997.Maybe we'll be good friends and perhaps thanks to GOD,later on ....!!Husband and Wife.Who knows?
I'm a single who lives alone without girl-friend since 16 months GOD(JESUS) changed my life.It would be a great pleasure for me to share this experience with you because I find it simply marvellous.In hope to receive back a mail from you,I WISH YOU "HAPPY NEW YEAR,365 DAYS OF HEALTH,52 weeks of PEACE AND 12 MONTHS OF PROSPERITY .
Bye,soon:
Friendly,DJO.

Now is it just me or does anybody else this is scary and terribly irresponsible of the college?
Maybe it's someone messing about. :biggrin:
Reply 2
I'm sorry but that email is quite funny.

That is actually quite good, maybe an email prank?
I'm sorry but that email is quite funny.

That is actually quite good, maybe an email prank?

No I've had quite a few of these...half the people don't even speak french it's some random czech website.....
Reply 4
try sticking your name in google and see what turns up.

I know of someone who had their details put as a joke on some penpal site and they got a letter from this guy who was in prison, when he got released he turned up one day at her work but luckily she managed to get rid of him.
Penpal sites are scary, just hope no idiot ever puts your address online.
Reply 5
Danithestudent
No I've had quite a few of these...half the people don't even speak french it's some random czech website.....

One advice, always create another email address for such things like that, I have over 11 email addresses which I use for various things, and this is one if I am in your position I would get that email off the site.

"thanks to GOD,later on ....!!Husband and Wife"

I'm sorry but that is hilarious :biggrin:
Reply 6
One advice, always create another email address for such things like that, I have over 11 email addresses which I use for various things, and this is one if I am in your position I would get that email off the site.

11email addresses, why don't you have three, one for work and business, ie serious, one for your mates and one for forums, posting etc
it's the fact that he wants to share God aka Jesus (huh!?) with me....now that was the truly pants wetting part
Reply 8
JSM
11email addresses, why don't you have three, one for work and business, ie serious, one for your mates and one for forums, posting etc

Not enough for my various deeds...
Reply 9
Danithestudent
it's the fact that he wants to share God aka Jesus (huh!?) with me....now that was the truly pants wetting part

"GOD(JESUS) changed my life.It would be a great pleasure for me to share this experience with you because I find it simply marvellous"

lol, how bad a chat up line is that!!! Though I suppose it did have the "pant wetting" effect. :biggrin: (of the different kind)
"GOD(JESUS) changed my life.It would be a great pleasure for me to share this experience with you because I find it simply marvellous"

lol, how bad a chat up line is that!!! Though I suppose it did have the "pant wetting" effect. :biggrin: (of the different kind)

of the laughing so hard i lose full control of my bladder kind
Reply 11
Danithestudent
I think that you 're intelligent...I'm aphysics teacher in my country since october 1997.Maybe we'll be good friends and perhaps thanks to GOD,later on ....!!Husband and Wife.Who knows?
I'm a single who lives alone without girl-friend since 16 months GOD(JESUS) changed my life.It would be a great pleasure for me to share this experience with you because I find it simply marvellous.In hope to receive back a mail from you,I WISH YOU "HAPPY NEW YEAR,365 DAYS OF HEALTH,52 weeks of PEACE AND 12 MONTHS OF PROSPERITY .

I think you've fallen on your feet there lol - a physics teacher (imagine that pays well), he's friendly, polite and has religious ferver. Nice to see he has interests outside of work :tongue:

I find it simply marvellous ......lol
Danithestudent
Now is it just me or does anybody else this is scary and terribly irresponsible of the college?

Haha, funny.

What's wrong with physics?
sounds a realgood offer....are u going to catch it !!!....lol

well, my advice,just forget about it !!!
Danithestudent
We have been asked to have pen-pals in France, but instead of doing it through the normal barriers of a long term relationship with a school in france, we were given a web address (which I can't remember now) to put an advert up askin for french speaking pen-pals to contact us.

I'll be pleased to have you as a penpal...Vue la diversité des langues dans lesquelles tu t'exprimes ,I think that you 're intelligent...I'm aphysics teacher in my country since october 1997.Maybe we'll be good friends and perhaps thanks to GOD,later on ....!!Husband and Wife.Who knows?
Bye,soon:
Friendly,DJO.

by the way, canu find the name of the site and gimme the web address !!!

well, good point....else u may get some mail with virus !!!
Danithestudent

Bye,soon:
Friendly,DJO.

What and your school is telling you to do this, thats absolutly crazy! i hope this way of speaking better languages gets changed before the next year begins... its absolutely foolish

Latest

Trending

Trending