This discussion is closed.
Michael Beaver
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
My 300th post and in my time I have amassed -120 in rep. That works out at a neg rep feedback of 0.4 per post. Anyway guys I'd just like to say thanks for respecting my opinions and letting me know just how much you disagree with them.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
1200 posts and 64 points in rep. I am unpopular here as well as real life
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
I am having to write this because some kind mod must have just deleted one of my posts and so I was back down to 299
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Have you had any positive rep, or just neg?

Just out of curiosity if you dont mind answering how many times have you actually been given neg. is it just that someone with a high number of posts has given you neg rep a few times?
Kyrotec
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)

Just out of curiosity if you dont mind answering how many times have you actually been given neg. is it just that someone with a high number of posts has given you neg rep a few times?
What is rep?
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
(Original post by viviki)

I have had neg rep over ten times, mostly due to my comments on the rep system and fat people, and positive rep around 5 times. I had been promised positive rep several times but people enjoy leaving neg rep so much more!

I believe in my views and I make no apology if they sound harsh. I'd rather have the rep than not voice my opinion.
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Michael Beaver)
I believe in my views and I make no apology if they sound harsh. I'd rather have the rep than not voice my opinion.
that deserves reputation in my view
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have had neg rep over ten times, mostly due to my comments on the rep system and fat people, and positive rep around 5 times. I had been promised positive rep several times but people enjoy leaving neg rep so much more!

Do you think girls (apart from Ollie) tend to get higher rep? I can't understand how some people have stupid amounts of rep with 1000 posts and others hardly have any.

I consider most (90%) of my replies to be of decent quality and I don't offend people other than those who deserve it (cheaters).
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ollie)
that deserves reputation in my view
Well aparently Ollie that stance deserves a balance of -120 in rep!
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Its just a matter of luck who you get rep from I've had quite a bit of low point rep because the people that rep me havent had many posts. I've also had some grey rep so I dont know whether it was meant to be positive or neg. Its not or shouldnt be a popularity contest. I respect Vienna who doesnt have that much rep more than some other members with 4 + gems because Vienna never rep whores and sticks to and backs up her opinion even if it isnt a popular one.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well aparently Ollie that stance deserves a balance of -120 in rep!
im afraid thats what goes with voices your own opinions sometimes, sorry bout that- but hey, thats what the section 19 of the human rights act is all about!
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
I know what else gets you neg rep. You cant obviously tell if somebody is sarcastic on a computer. I think this has made people misunderstand my views on certain issues.

I must remember to not be sarcastic in future - I dont love neg rep that much!
Dickie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

its a shame that people give out negative rep just because someone disagrees with them.
People who are that narrowminded and would rather give neg rep rather than discuss things shouldnt be on those types of threads in the first place, IMO.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I know what else gets you neg rep. You cant obviously tell if somebody is sarcastic on a computer. I think this has made people misunderstand my views on certain issues.

I must remember to not be sarcastic in future - I dont love neg rep that much!
Lol I usualy try and avoid being sarcastic on here. You can do it like this though.

Micheal you are the most popular person here
a_musical_guy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
1200 posts and 64 points in rep. I am unpopular here as well as real life
Adhsur gave me rep 4 weeks ago and that brought my points up from 4 to 74! She's a powerful person when it comes to rep.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kyrotec)
What is rep?
Hopefully this will explain everything:

http://www.uk-learning.net/showthrea...24&goto=postid
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_guy)
Adhsur gave me rep 4 weeks ago and that brought my points up from 4 to 74! She's a powerful person when it comes to rep.
How can that be? According to the equation for working out rep she doesn't have anywhere near that amount of points.
a_musical_guy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've no idea, but it happened. Someone else today with about a 1,000 posts took off 2 points.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
How can that be? According to the equation for working out rep she doesn't have anywhere near that amount of points.
its actually quite a complicated equation (not by a-level standards)

it also takes into account rep and i think age to?
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
its actually quite a complicated equation (not by a-level standards)

it also takes into account rep and i think age to?
If you say so.

I thought it was just:

(no. of posts/100) + the number of green gems.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (216)
67.92%
No (102)
32.08%

Watched Threads