The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 1
TimJaz
for your reference im gonna live in pooley house.

it'd be funny carryin a rice cooker oversea and find one in the kitchen.

!!!!

i doubt we would get a rice cooker, in fact it would even be a surprise to get a toaster in the kitchens!
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
lol! yar I think I'm being optimistic here

:P
Reply 3
Lol I'm not sure what exactly to buy and bring, or what we get - I mean there's stuff like kettles and toasters, and if everyone brings their own, then they'll be useless. I guess w should just wait and see until we get there.
Reply 4
You have a cooker, microwave and freezer in the kitchen :smile:
Reply 5
t!na

Yay! Thank god for the microwave!
Reply 6
Indeed. Negates the need for the cooker! Perhaps it could be a novelty cd rack instead :biggrin:
Reply 7
I would say unless you are going to be eating a lot of rice, I would not buy something you will not use a lot.
Reply 8
lol, i eat rice everyday

most asian do xD
Reply 9
A rice cooker is a fairly weighty item to lug across with you - why not get one over here and save on your baggage allowence?
Reply 10
Even then, it's easy enough to cook rice in a saucepan - just bung the rice in, add water and a bit of oil, leave to soak et voila! :biggrin:
TimJaz
lol, i eat rice everyday

most asian do xD

Then it might be an idea to get one when you are here. for one thing it is on a timer so you don't have to worry about going back to look at it every so often (as you would if you were cooking it in a pan).
Reply 12
t!na

do they have cooker in Ifor Evans as well? coz i was thinking to buy one when i get there.
Reply 13
this is quite useful i was wondering about toasters and kettles etc coz i havent bought stuff as didnt know what would be there also like someone said if everyone brings one its a bit pointless-suppose i'll have to wait and see and buy what i need!! quick question what size beds are in france house (where i am) because some people seem to think there are doubles but there isnt anything in any of the info i got saying so..... help!

Latest

Trending

Trending