Turn on thread page Beta

Interesting fact #2 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Did you know that frequent flyers on transatlantic flights are exposed to the equivalent of 170 chest X-rays a year, putting them at increased risk of cancer, according to the US Federal Aviation Administration.

This is due to Cosmic radiation from the sun gets stronger at higher altitudes because the atmosphere thins out and is less able to offer protection from the rays.

It's quite shocking really, i only heard about this a few days ago. So does anyone have any other interesting facts for this morning?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Did you know that frequent flyers on transatlantic flights are exposed to the equivalent of 170 chest X-rays a year, putting them at increased risk of cancer, according to the US Federal Aviation Administration.

This is due to Cosmic radiation from the sun gets stronger at higher altitudes because the atmosphere thins out and is less able to offer protection from the rays.

It's quite shocking really, i only heard about this a few days ago. So does anyone have any other interesting facts for this morning?
    Well if you put two teaspoons of suger into your coffee, instead of one, it tastes sweeter. But if you put three spoons of suger in, then its three times as sweeter than if you only put one spoon of suger in.

Night.

ReputationRep:
    Actually the coffee rule doesn't work due to the law of diminishing returns, and coffee keeps its bitter taste even if you put 5 teaspoons of sugar in. It's not a constant relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Well if you put two teaspoons of suger into your coffee, instead of one, it tastes sweeter. But if you put three spoons of suger in, then its three times as sweeter than if you only put one spoon of suger in.

Night.
    good night!

ReputationRep:
    This thread's not as successful as i hoped it'd be. I had another interesting fact to post, but it doesn't look like there's enough interest for me to post. I'll have to with-hold my information now for another night.

ReputationRep:
    the 10 pound note without the hologram aint worth anything anymore.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    the 10 pound note without the hologram aint worth anything anymore.

love Katy ***
    I know i've got quite a few of them, you can still change them at the bank though.

ReputationRep:
    Next interesting fact, i'll give anyone rep that can answer this question.

What type of jacket is zipped up from top to bottom and why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Next interesting fact, i'll give anyone rep that can answer this question.

What type of jacket is zipped up from top to bottom and why?
    an upsidedown one...because its upside down

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    an upsidedown one...because its upside down

love Katy ***
    a swim parka can be!

ReputationRep:
    No, not the answers i was looking for. Funny how offers of rep can make people reply to threads....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    No, not the answers i was looking for. Funny how offers of rep can make people reply to threads....

i had already replied to the thread with my intresting fact.

and i much prefer the comment that goes with the rep to the rep itself.

love katy ***

ReputationRep:
    i had already replied to the thread with my intresting fact.

and i much prefer the comment that goes with the rep to the rep itself.

love katy ***
    While that's true, no-one replied for about 5 minutes. I don't understand what you mean about the comment about rep that goes to rep with itself :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    While that's true, no-one replied for about 5 minutes. I don't understand what you mean about the comment about rep that goes to rep with itself :confused:
    she means, i like hearing what people have to say i think......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    its not so much about "getting rep" as i enjoy reading the comments people put when they give rep.

i was thinking about what facts i know.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    its not so much about "getting rep" as i enjoy reading the comments people put when they give rep.

love Katy ***
    Fair enough, but others aren't concerned about the comments/reasons why they get rep, they're only concerned with the number. If you get the answer right i'll write a comment.

ReputationRep:

love Katy ***
    you gave me rep once for being a glow worm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    you gave me rep once for being a glow worm!
    and i hope it made you smile

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    Shall i give the answer, and the person that can tell me why, may receive rep.

Or can i just completely change the topic and speak about something instead of starting a new thread.

ReputationRep:
    and i hope it made you smile

love Katy ***
    it did

people give rep for such stupid stuff! someone gave me neg rep for saying if i was the owner i would make it more us friendly!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.