This discussion is closed.
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Did you know that frequent flyers on transatlantic flights are exposed to the equivalent of 170 chest X-rays a year, putting them at increased risk of cancer, according to the US Federal Aviation Administration.

This is due to Cosmic radiation from the sun gets stronger at higher altitudes because the atmosphere thins out and is less able to offer protection from the rays.

It's quite shocking really, i only heard about this a few days ago. So does anyone have any other interesting facts for this morning?
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Did you know that frequent flyers on transatlantic flights are exposed to the equivalent of 170 chest X-rays a year, putting them at increased risk of cancer, according to the US Federal Aviation Administration.

This is due to Cosmic radiation from the sun gets stronger at higher altitudes because the atmosphere thins out and is less able to offer protection from the rays.

It's quite shocking really, i only heard about this a few days ago. So does anyone have any other interesting facts for this morning?
Well if you put two teaspoons of suger into your coffee, instead of one, it tastes sweeter. But if you put three spoons of suger in, then its three times as sweeter than if you only put one spoon of suger in.

Night.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Actually the coffee rule doesn't work due to the law of diminishing returns, and coffee keeps its bitter taste even if you put 5 teaspoons of sugar in. It's not a constant relationship.
curryADD
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Well if you put two teaspoons of suger into your coffee, instead of one, it tastes sweeter. But if you put three spoons of suger in, then its three times as sweeter than if you only put one spoon of suger in.

Night.
good night!
G4ry
Rep:
?
This thread's not as successful as i hoped it'd be. I had another interesting fact to post, but it doesn't look like there's enough interest for me to post. I'll have to with-hold my information now for another night.
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the 10 pound note without the hologram aint worth anything anymore.

love Katy ***
G4ry
Rep:
?
(Original post by ickle_katy)
the 10 pound note without the hologram aint worth anything anymore.

love Katy ***
I know i've got quite a few of them, you can still change them at the bank though.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Next interesting fact, i'll give anyone rep that can answer this question.

What type of jacket is zipped up from top to bottom and why?
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Next interesting fact, i'll give anyone rep that can answer this question.

What type of jacket is zipped up from top to bottom and why?
an upsidedown one...because its upside down

love Katy ***
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
an upsidedown one...because its upside down

love Katy ***
a swim parka can be!
G4ry
Rep:
?
No, not the answers i was looking for. Funny how offers of rep can make people reply to threads....
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
No, not the answers i was looking for. Funny how offers of rep can make people reply to threads....

i had already replied to the thread with my intresting fact.

and i much prefer the comment that goes with the rep to the rep itself.

love katy ***
G4ry
Rep:
?
i had already replied to the thread with my intresting fact.

and i much prefer the comment that goes with the rep to the rep itself.

love katy ***
While that's true, no-one replied for about 5 minutes. I don't understand what you mean about the comment about rep that goes to rep with itself :confused:
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
While that's true, no-one replied for about 5 minutes. I don't understand what you mean about the comment about rep that goes to rep with itself :confused:
she means, i like hearing what people have to say i think......
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
its not so much about "getting rep" as i enjoy reading the comments people put when they give rep.

i was thinking about what facts i know.

love Katy ***
G4ry
Rep:
?
its not so much about "getting rep" as i enjoy reading the comments people put when they give rep.

love Katy ***
Fair enough, but others aren't concerned about the comments/reasons why they get rep, they're only concerned with the number. If you get the answer right i'll write a comment.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

love Katy ***
you gave me rep once for being a glow worm!
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
you gave me rep once for being a glow worm!
and i hope it made you smile

love Katy ***
G4ry
Rep:
?
Shall i give the answer, and the person that can tell me why, may receive rep.

Or can i just completely change the topic and speak about something instead of starting a new thread.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
and i hope it made you smile

love Katy ***
it did

people give rep for such stupid stuff! someone gave me neg rep for saying if i was the owner i would make it more us friendly!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (51)
19.39%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (58)
22.05%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (50)
19.01%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (55)
20.91%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
9.51%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
9.13%

Watched Threads