KFC Interview - Few questions and advice please! Watch

Ashlie16
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hiya, i have an interview in a couple of days at KFC (UK).

A few questions.

Oh and the position I applied for is a team member.

1) Will I be told at the interview if I am hired or not? or will they call me after.
2) If i do pass the interview, what happens after then?
3) Do you get paid while training?
4) Do I have to buy my own uniform?

Ok another issue you is, on my application form I put i could work until 10pm at night (I am 17), on the phone they asked if i could work until 10.30pm and I said yes because I always see my bus passing through my town.

The KFC I have applied for is about 7 miles away from my house. However I came across a problem. The buses only run later on Fridays and Saturdays. The bus stop is about a 2-3 minute walk from KFC, and my last bus home on weekdays is 10.38pm. Thats 8 minutes from after my shift is meant to finish and I have to walk 2-3 minutes to the bus stop.

If i was to get let out dot on 10.30pm i would be fine. However, i know this won't always and rarely will be the case. So what should i say? i really do not have any other way of getting home and if i miss that bus i will be stuck as no one from my house drives!

Please help.. will requesting to leave dot on 10.30pm on late shifts to get my bus stop me from getting the job? How should i approach the subject and will KFC understand? Thank you.
I'm A Duck - Quack
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My God my mouth is watering now :O
asdalol
Badges: 13
Report 9 years ago
God dammit, I want KFC now :sexface:

Do you get a staff discount? :sogood:
IWantSomeMushu
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Tell them you don't like chicken.
Ashlie16
Not one serious answer?
lazy smurf
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got refused for a KFC team member part time job yesterday, not feedback just usual "not been successful this time". Then 10 mins later I got offered a full time job for a decent company without an interview, which I had to turn down! Strange job market.
If you tell them you have to leave on the dot before you start, you will be fine.
heyhey922
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Chicken?
Ashlie16
Do they tell you on the interview that you weren't successful, or is it the usual "We will be contact" and then a reject email?
lazy smurf
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I didn't even get an interview.

But iv had similar jobs in the past so as long as you make sure you tell them you need to leave you'll be fine. Some jobs tell you straight away, most keep you waiting a few hours.
Ashlie16
So I basically say -

I'm fine to work until 10.30pm, but i will need to leave at 10.30pm as my last bus is at 10:38pm and is a short walk away too.

I dont want to come across as the sort of person who thinks KFC owes me a job, because they don't. But i cant help this either. Hopefully i will pass my driving test whcih i have in 6 weeks!
sarsi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Before I go on, I would like to say that the most important phrase you mentioned was KFC. I think we all imagined chicken and chips lol.

As for the job don't be too stressed. Just go in relaxed and confident and answer everything they ask. Any concerns you have you can express after the interview and they can help sort it out, I hope. You are clearly not a recipe for disaster and go by the name of Mr Preparation. Good luck my friend.

Now go nail that interview and go get those free discounts!
Lost_in_a_Maelstrom
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Omg, I had the WORST interview for KFC, it was my first ever interview and the guy that interviewed me had a REALLY strong indian accent and I could hardly make him out. It was so embarrassing because I had to keep asking him to repeat himself-the annoying thing was that there was a manager that was local when I first came in-she could have easily have taken the interview...Meh I got a better job in the end so now its just a horrible memory-yours will easily be a better interview than mine so take heart! lol
Ashlie16
does anyone no what the wage is?
DMJ50
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
Tell them you don't like chicken.
They literally don't care I told them that I'd never eaten KFC in my whole life and am vegetarian and i got a job there
DMJ50
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ashlie16)
does anyone no what the wage is?
Minimum wage
topaztiger1983
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I know this thread is like 4 year old, but just in case anyone else needs to know these answers, I am just about to start a job at KFC, so I will try to answer these to the best of my knowledge

1) Will I be told at the interview if I am hired or not? or will they call me after.(I was told at the interview that they wanted me to start as soon a possible, but I have to wait for my full birth Certificate to come through, but I will start soon after that)
2) If i do pass the interview, what happens after then? (You should be able to start as soon as they need you)
3) Do you get paid while training? (You will have a 3 month trial, which you will be paid for, I is NMW, but better than nowt)
4) Do I have to buy my own uniform?(No. They provide you with the uniform)
R-Hamilton
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by topaztiger1983)
I know this thread is like 4 year old, but just in case anyone else needs to know these answers, I am just about to start a job at KFC, so I will try to answer these to the best of my knowledge

1) Will I be told at the interview if I am hired or not? or will they call me after.(I was told at the interview that they wanted me to start as soon a possible, but I have to wait for my full birth Certificate to come through, but I will start soon after that)
2) If i do pass the interview, what happens after then? (You should be able to start as soon as they need you)
3) Do you get paid while training? (You will have a 3 month trial, which you will be paid for, I is NMW, but better than nowt)
4) Do I have to buy my own uniform?(No. They provide you with the uniform)
Hi topaztiger,

I am so glad I managed to find such a recent post, I have an interview at KFC in Lancaster on Wednesday and was wondering if you could tell me what city you were interviewed in? how long it lasted? what sort of questions they asked? and any general tips?

Thanks!
topaztiger1983
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by R-Hamilton)
Hi topaztiger,

I am so glad I managed to find such a recent post, I have an interview at KFC in Lancaster on Wednesday and was wondering if you could tell me what city you were interviewed in? how long it lasted? what sort of questions they asked? and any general tips?

Thanks!
I was interviewed in Rotherham, South Yorks

The interview process is changing from one-to-one interviews to group interviews (Team building exercises), you may be lucky enough to get a one-to-one interview, but you may be one of the last to be interviewed that way

I was in my interview for about an hour & a half, the will ask you why you think that you will be a good employee, what you will bring (skills wise) to the team, any experience you may have in the industry

They may also ask you how you would deal with an awkward customer, or an awkward fellow employee

Above all try to be as nice as possible and answer the questions with a much detail as you can

Any other questions please don't hesitate to ask, I will help as much as I can

Hope this has helped you
ant1984
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I know someone that works for kfc u do pay for ur uniform but they take so much out of ur wage a week and also u get paid monthly in arrears and it is minimum wage and what I know off if ur working u get a free meal any other information I am not sure but would be able to find out for u if u tell me what u wanna know
topaztiger1983
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes you pay for the uniform from your wages, but what I meant was that you don't pay anything before you start, I thought that was the question that was asked (sorry for any confusion there)

You do get a free meal, whilst on shift (Upto the value of £4.39, at my restaurant anyway)

As I have said before, please do not hesitate to ask me any serious questions you may have about working at KFC, I am happy to answer your questions (to the best of my knowledge)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (45)
67.16%
No I haven't decided yet (15)
22.39%
Yes but I might change my mind (7)
10.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise