Equality of opportunity – unless you're one of the middle classes Watch

This discussion is closed.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
Note that "highly trained workforce" does not include Gary with his 3rd Class "Degree" in Furniture Textile Design from East London.
I think you mean Applied Furniture Textile Design with Cushion Arrangement.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
why? Please explain why i need to give 40% of my money to the government? alright, reduce income tax to 10% or so to retain bare bones government for law etc. But 40p in every £ i earn over £30,000 is a bit extortionate. I am thinking of suing the government for operating a monopoly, under tis own legislation.
You aren't earning £30,000!
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
I think you mean Applied Furniture Textile Design with Cushion Arrangement.
Hey...

I don't think they do that course. I tried searching the UCAS website for it. But what if I wanted to do Applied Furniture Textile Design with Cushion Arrangement?
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Hey...

I don't think they do that course. I tried searching the UCAS website for it. But what if I wanted to do Applied Furniture Textile Design with Cushion Arrangement?
LOL cushion arrangement doesn't make sense. But there is nothing wrong with furniture design, it's a very good business which would bring a lot of money.
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
In history income tax was introduced by Robert Peel in 1841, Gladstone tried getting rid of it in the 1850's like you suggest but found it was impossible, there was a reason for that that still stands today, it provides a predicable direct income to the government.
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
You aren't earning £30,000!
i will
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
In history income tax was introduced by Robert Peel in 1841, Gladstone tried getting rid of it in the 1850's like you suggest but found it was impossible, there was a reason for that that still stands today, it provides a predicable direct income to the government.
then they brought in even more tax like NI in 1909.
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the point still stands tho, government have had to increase the number of taxes otherwise they wouldnt be able to run the country
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
the point still stands tho, government have had to increase the number of taxes otherwise they wouldnt be able to run the country
um, no cut spending, the us have been successful doing that. get rid of social security, the welfare state - the losing money railtrack
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
get rid of social security
Jesus.

Do you like the idea of anarchy?
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Jesus.

Do you like the idea of anarchy?
well it is right wing. Thats what the law and order is for - paid for from council tax
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (217)
68.03%
No (102)
31.97%

Watched Threads