The Student Room Group

What driving school? (E.London, Ilford) A-class-learners.com?

I am currently looking to a dirving school to start my lessons. I am currently 17.
i was thinking here: http://www.aclasslearners.com/page_1248522625776.html
does anyone have any experience with them?
or can anyone recommend a good one?
thanks
A class are ****.
I sat in the car doing nothing but talking for my first two hours. I recommend Abbies.
Reply 2
I was in the same as position as you not long ago. The old saying 'you get what you pay for' very much counts when thinking about driving lessons.

I have had 2 s**t instructors before, I went with them because they were cheap. The second instructor had me doing right and left turns for nearly 8 WEEKS. To be fair there are good independent instructors but not a lot. AA only hire level 4 instructors and above, 6 being the highest.

It all comes down to your financial circumstances i.e.

#if you are parent/s is paying or not/if they can afford to burn a hole in their pocket for you

#if you have a car at home

#how regularly you are willing to take lessons?

I am currently with an instructor from the AA because my cousin recommended him. He is an absolute genius. He was trained by the police; he is a very advanced driver and picked up most of my mistakes early on. He is also very punctual and pleasant. I would recommend him to anybody including a complete stranger on TSR.

I am from the Ilford/Goodmays area and so is my instructor. If you are a student I think its £20 a lesson and they do a 12 block. Its best to bang in a lot of lessons in the beginning, say 4 hours in the first 3 weeks and then down to 2 hours a week. I would also recommend doing no less than 2 hour lessons because by the time you have done with the theory, you’ll get less time on the road.

If you are serious about taking lessons, talk to your people and then PM me and I’ll give you my instructor’s details. No time wasting because my instructor is very serious.

A few weeks ago I was petrified of everything to do with driving, yesterday I was driving on a dual carriageway and I am already looking to book my test and getting a car. This is the best time to get on with driving.
Reply 3
Hi, I live in the same area. Do you still have the contact details of your instructor? Would really appreciate as Im looking to start lessons ASAP. I only have 3 months to learn and I'm absolutely **** when it comes to driving lol. Unfortunately that ain't a joke :frown:
Reply 4
wow, I was with A CLass for a while back in the day, things were going pretty well but the instructor stopped picking up their phones when I tried to book more lessons. They probably decided to ignore me as I would book 2 hour blocks a lesson at a time and not the 10 hour slots they so hardly pushed at each opportunity. I didnt have the best experiences with BSM/AA either and eventually went with an independent (family friend) until I passed.
Reply 5
Recommended individual instructors are a lot better bet than relying on the name of a driving a school. Even with the likes of AA/BSM

Unfortanutely cant help on this occasion as to names as no in your area but thats the best way
Reply 6
I just passed my driving test with an instructor from Aclasslearners.com I got value for my money as I got full hourly lessons for there special offers. My instructor was a qualified driving instructor and I passed 1st time with only 2 minors !!! I recommend them
I am having the same bad experience with Aclasslearners. Instructor was very sweet in the starting and then gradually degraded to her own self. Not returning calls to book further classes. She s***s.
Original post by max-t10
To be fair there are good independent instructors but not a lot. AA only hire level 4 instructors and above, 6 being the highest.

Whilst I agree with some of what you have said, I have to correct this. With very, very few exceptions, all driving instructors are self-employed (including those at the AA); they are franchisees i.e., they pay a substantial fee for referrals, badging and advertising etc. An independent, whilst potentially the same grade and ability of an AA instructor, will carry out these activities themselves. To say that there are not a lot of good independent instructors out there is totally inaccurate; poor instructors can inhabit the ranks of the AA (and other schools) just as much as independents can.

Furthermore, if an instructor is below a grade 4 then they become of immense interest to the DVSA since they are deemed to be below the standard required. They will then be promptly examined and if they have not improved sufficiently, they will be removed from the register. Once that happens they are no longer an ADI and cannot charge for any lessons given. They should not be any instructors out there who are below a grade 4.
Reply 9
Hi do still have contact details of driving instructor as I I'm desperately looking for one....
Hello Could you share your instructor's details with me please?
Original post by sarahtee
I just passed my driving test with an instructor from Aclasslearners.com I got value for my money as I got full hourly lessons for there special offers. My instructor was a qualified driving instructor and I passed 1st time with only 2 minors !!! I recommend them

Hello Sarahtee,

Could you share your instructor's details with me please?

Many thanks
C
Hi there, I would appreciate if you could give the details for your instructor . Thank you,Rita
I passed my test first time with an independent instructor this week at goodmayes centre...
Hi, I would like the details of your instructor if that's still possible! I am from the Barking area.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending