This discussion is closed.
skywalker86
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hey

People what the best way to revise for a theory driving test, I will have 5 days from the 15th January.

Please help, defo need 2 pass it
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by skywalker86)
Hey

People what the best way to revise for a theory driving test, I will have 5 days from the 15th January.

Please help, defo need 2 pass it
I bought the CD-ROM, when revised form that, I walked into the test centre all cocky, I was in the test exam room for 10 mins (they allow you 40 mins). The person doing the test looked at me as if there was no way I could have passed as I was in their two quickly. I got 35/35

That was more than two years ago now though and I haven't bothered going in for my practical I just can't afford to waste £100 every time I fail it. I don't need to drive anyway as I am a cityman.
skywalker86
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
^Lol

the cd-rom is the best way then 2 revise 4 it, sum ppl say all the dvla book is good
Michael Beaver
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
From your title and message it looks like you dont read over things you have written. Maybe you should practice this before your test!
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Everyone is so critical of spelling and grammar on here. Its only a message forum - if you can work out what someone means then what's the problem? We spend enough of our lives concentrating on our writing, spelling and grammar as it is - does it matter if people lapse a little for casual chat? Some people's perfectly valid posts are beig spoilt by people having a go at them for making little mistakes. Relax!
Kyrotec
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I used the DSA theory test book which has all the questions they can ask you - answers provided. I found it useful - spent about 1 hr looking at different types of questions - most of them the same . You can also buy a cd rom which incorporates this new element to the test which examines reaction times.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I used the AA book because it was £5 and the DSA one is about £15 I think. I dont know what has the hazard awareness section in because I didnt do that so the best thing to do is to go into WH Smith or something and look through all of them. You can also do practice tests on the DSA website I think or it might be on DVLA cant remember.
C0nnie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
personally i just read the book the nite before, cos most of it is just common sense anyway. but where i live we don't have the hazard perception test thing, so i have no idea what that involves...
get other people to test u, and ask other people which bits they got wrong, cos i find that i learn from other people's mistakes, so i'll rememebr they got it wrong, and so i rememebr what the right answer is, if that makes sense?
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah get the CD-Rom and run through it a few times. I also got 35/35!
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah CD rom is the best, I found. Get the one with extra hazard perception cd on it if you can, it has practice video clips and stuff. You will find, hopefully, that on your actualy theory test you will get questions that you have already seen before on the CD ROM. You can also get a book with every single possible question on it so if you've got a (very) good memory.........
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *Riz*)
Everyone is so critical of spelling and grammar on here. Its only a message forum - if you can work out what someone means then what's the problem? We spend enough of our lives concentrating on our writing, spelling and grammar as it is - does it matter if people lapse a little for casual chat? Some people's perfectly valid posts are beig spoilt by people having a go at them for making little mistakes. Relax!
Here Here!!

CD ROMS the best, did exactly the same as the other bloke this summer and got 35/35, revise the whole thing though and you'll definatley pass! The theory test is actually the easiest test you'll ever take...I never have understood why people fail it!

Luv
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Most people who do fail it seem to do so on the hazard perception now -which can just be a matter of luck. Unless they're really unlucky and get loads of those stopping distances questions.....
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *Riz*)
Most people who do fail it seem to do so on the hazard perception now -which can just be a matter of luck. Unless they're really unlucky and get loads of those stopping distances questions.....
..Except for the haz i mean, because like *Riz* says that really is difficult..but you can actually revise that as well with special CD ROMS..I did an i scrapped a pass on that!
a_musical_guy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I bought the CD-ROM, when revised form that, I walked into the test centre all cocky, I was in the test exam room for 10 mins (they allow you 40 mins). The person doing the test looked at me as if there was no way I could have passed as I was in their two quickly. I got 35/35

That was more than two years ago now though and I haven't bothered going in for my practical I just can't afford to waste £100 every time I fail it. I don't need to drive anyway as I am a cityman.
Me too. I brought the CD-ROM, revised as often as I could and walked the theory test - getting 35/35. I wasn't even nervous as I had practically memorised all the questions.

Unlike you though, I passed my practical a year later.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (7)
30.43%
No (14)
60.87%
Don't know (2)
8.7%

Watched Threads