This discussion is closed.
Mr Muscle
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I cant open msn messenger. it doesnt work! every time i sign in it says "sorry we are unable to get u to net.messenger at this time try again later. 0x8100036f" this happenes all the time! help
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mr Muscle)
I cant open msn messenger. it doesnt work! every time i sign in it says "sorry we are unable to get u to net.messenger at this time try again later. 0x8100036f" this happenes all the time! help
Try re-installing it

www.oldversion.com is a good source it may be the latest version you are using is cuasing conflicts.

All the versions on that site work well.

When did it start doing this? Its not unkown for MSN to be down due to server problems when that happens it is out of your control however with you saying it happens all the time I think its more likely to be a problem with the software on your PC.
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my MSN messenger keeps screwing up- but my new pc came with windows messenger as well and they keep trying to autmatically sign in no matter how many times I tell them not to!!!! I just let them fight it out now
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
my MSN messenger keeps screwing up- but my new pc came with windows messenger as well and they keep trying to autmatically sign in no matter how many times I tell them not to!!!! I just let them fight it out now
Install MSN Messenger 6.1 it fixes that bug.
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Install MSN Messenger 6.1 it fixes that bug.
cheers will do. I didn't think upgrading would change anything hence why i left it, but will have a go
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Mine does that occasionally, it usually works fine again a few hours later. How long has yours being saying it for?
prince_capri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
cheers will do. I didn't think upgrading would change anything hence why i left it, but will have a go

does it work now ???
Person in need
Report 16 years ago
I have already tried to reinstall it 100 times and it never works. i have yahoo messenegr and that works. but i dont know why msn doesnt.
(i am mr muscle, because i forgot my username so i made a new one)
ach
Report 16 years ago
u need to make sure it is competley delted from your computer, go to he add/remove program and then re-install MSN messenger 6.1
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i get that sometimes as well, there should be alittle thing next to your sign in window that allows you to check the status of the servers. MAybe your email address has run out because you have not accessed it for x days.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (148)
60.66%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.51%
No- I want it (68)
27.87%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.97%

Watched Threads