This discussion is closed.
frappucino
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
can anyone compare these two schools for biochem? if i were to have an offer from both (which i don't, but for curiosity's sake) which should i prefer? i have heard that there are no undergrad research opportunities at cam for natsci students and that it's all theory. is that true? wouldn't imperial be a better option then where you have more practical experience?
frappucino
Rep:
?
bump...why isn't anyone replying?
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Go for Cambridge.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by frappucino)
can anyone compare these two schools for biochem? if i were to have an offer from both (which i don't, but for curiosity's sake) which should i prefer? i have heard that there are no undergrad research opportunities at cam for natsci students and that it's all theory. is that true? wouldn't imperial be a better option then where you have more practical experience?
is it true - no it isnt all theory.

imperial would be nowhere near a better option.
Biochemsitry at Cambridge is what you should be aiming for...
Asphyxiating
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by frappucino)
I'm going to Imperial for Biochem (hopefully if i get grades)
...yet I know near to nothing about the course there :?
frappucino
Rep:
?
could you guys give some reasons for your answers? 'go for cambridge'...is this just because of the reputation or what? and are you SURE there are undergrad research opportunities at cam? i'm not talking about practicals!! i mean independent research with a professor!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (39)
13.27%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (43)
14.63%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (102)
34.69%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (29)
9.86%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (65)
22.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
5.44%

Watched Threads