Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    can anyone compare these two schools for biochem? if i were to have an offer from both (which i don't, but for curiosity's sake) which should i prefer? i have heard that there are no undergrad research opportunities at cam for natsci students and that it's all theory. is that true? wouldn't imperial be a better option then where you have more practical experience?

ReputationRep:
    bump...why isn't anyone replying?

ReputationRep:
    Go for Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frappucino)
    can anyone compare these two schools for biochem? if i were to have an offer from both (which i don't, but for curiosity's sake) which should i prefer? i have heard that there are no undergrad research opportunities at cam for natsci students and that it's all theory. is that true? wouldn't imperial be a better option then where you have more practical experience?
    is it true - no it isnt all theory.

imperial would be nowhere near a better option.
    Biochemsitry at Cambridge is what you should be aiming for...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frappucino)
    I'm going to Imperial for Biochem (hopefully if i get grades)
    ...yet I know near to nothing about the course there :?

ReputationRep:
    could you guys give some reasons for your answers? 'go for cambridge'...is this just because of the reputation or what? and are you SURE there are undergrad research opportunities at cam? i'm not talking about practicals!! i mean independent research with a professor!

Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.