Turn on thread page Beta

phone call watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    got a phone call this morning at 10am,.....my mum dragged me out of my comfy bed.........heres me thinking it was cambridge....hoping that is! and turns out it was my manager from work :mad: so much for that ay! i dont think ill hear from cambridge now! given up hope!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    got a phone call this morning at 10am,.....my mum dragged me out of my comfy bed.........heres me thinking it was cambridge....hoping that is! and turns out it was my manager from work :mad: so much for that ay! i dont think ill hear from cambridge now! given up hope!
    Aww hey. What are you waiting for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starry)
    Aww hey. What are you waiting for?
    to hear from the pool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    to hear from the pool!
    Which subject? And good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    to hear from the pool!
    ur still waiting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    ur still waiting?
    Yes not much hope left is there?

ReputationRep:
    hiya! i'm still waiting.....with less and less hope now! what do u think it means, us waiting for so long? all last week, every time the phone rang i was like ooh, maybe it's cambridge...i've given up thinkin that now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0nnie)
    hiya! i'm still waiting.....with less and less hope now! what do u think it means, us waiting for so long? all last week, every time the phone rang i was like ooh, maybe it's cambridge...i've given up thinkin that now...
    ye i keep thinking that its so annoying...bcoz even tho im saying to myself im rejected theres still a doubt until i hear from them. ive applied for sps.....lucy hasnt heard either...she sps too!
    what subject and college???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    ye i keep thinking that its so annoying...bcoz even tho im saying to myself im rejected theres still a doubt until i hear from them. ive applied for sps.....lucy hasnt heard either...she sps too!
    what subject and college???
    medicine, st john's....but i really doubt it'll hear nething good from them now, after reading all those msgs from people who got called by colleges wanting them...
    it's just kinda mean, like a prolonged rejection, way way after everyone else!!
    what college did u apply to?
    and what makes it even worse is when i get rejected, i can't say at least i'll go there, cos i haven't had ne offers for medicine yet...

ReputationRep:
    medicine, st john's....but i really doubt it'll hear nething good from them now, after reading all those msgs from people who got called by colleges wanting them...
    it's just kinda mean, like a prolonged rejection, way way after everyone else!!
    what college did u apply to?
    and what makes it even worse is when i get rejected, i can't say at least i'll go there, cos i haven't had ne offers for medicine yet...
    aw! dont worry i have a friend who hasnt got ne offers for medicine either and hes in the same position as you...yes it seems like a prolonged rejection...if i got rejected in decemeber....i would have recovered by now to concentrate on my exams, but like this its always at the back of my mind. i applied to newnham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    aw! dont worry i have a friend who hasnt got ne offers for medicine either and hes in the same position as you...yes it seems like a prolonged rejection...if i got rejected in decemeber....i would have recovered by now to concentrate on my exams, but like this its always at the back of my mind. i applied to newnham
    what gcse grades and AS Grades did u get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    thanx, i'm trying not to worry...everything's so stressful, it's kinda hard to keep things in perspective sometimes! especially with exams and stuff! do u know where your friend applied?
    ooh i was gonna apply to newnham, it was really pretty!
    btw this is gonna sound really stupid, but what is sps? is it something philosophy nd something else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    what gcse grades and AS Grades did u get?
    7A* 4 As - gcse

AS - 4As
    predicted 4 As

ReputationRep:
    thanx, i'm trying not to worry...everything's so stressful, it's kinda hard to keep things in perspective sometimes! especially with exams and stuff! do u know where your friend applied?
    ooh i was gonna apply to newnham, it was really pretty!
    btw this is gonna sound really stupid, but what is sps? is it something philosophy nd something else?
    its social and political science - politics/sociology/psychology/anthroplogy,. i thought it was teh most interesting course at any uni!

my friend applied to kings.....another london uni errm not actually sure where else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    its social and political science - politics/sociology/psychology/anthroplogy,. i thought it was teh most interesting course at any uni!

my friend applied to kings.....another london uni errm not actually sure where else!
    ahh rite! yea i was thinking if this there was an alternate universe nd i didn't apply for medicine, i would do something like anthropology etc it sounds really interesting!!
    gdgd! i've applied to kings! i haven't heard a thing!

ReputationRep:
    ahh rite! yea i was thinking if this there was an alternate universe nd i didn't apply for medicine, i would do something like anthropology etc it sounds really interesting!!
    gdgd! i've applied to kings! i haven't heard a thing!
    no dont worry he hasnt heard either....and he was stressing a lot but has calmed down a bit now!

ReputationRep:
    has ne1 got offers from bristol/nottingham/southampton/Edinburgh/Sheffield/Cardiff/Leeds yet for medicine? all my m8s have heard is rejections from nottingham and bristol and Ox. One has an interview at leeds but thats it! they are getting really worried!

ReputationRep:
    well the date to be re-called for interview has gone....so i think this is the end of it for me............

i saw in another thread that the only way to get a place now is a direct offer, and that is if u have excellent gcse/Predicted grades and strong backing from at least one of your interviewers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s-man)
    i saw in another thread that the only way to get a place now is a direct offer, and that is if u have excellent gcse/Predicted grades and strong backing from at least one of your interviewers
    well my grades are fine...dunno abt how well the interviewers love me....obviously not that much or i wouldnt have been pooled!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.